Civette

... why would you want to waste a brilliant engine in a civic chassis..... no matter what the engine is, its still a civic.....

ricer.jpg

Owner of a POS ricer please kill yourself!

... why would you want to waste a brilliant engine in a civic chassis..... no matter what the engine is, its still a civic.....
Have a look again Mark. It's not just the engine. He used the entire drive line from the Corvette including the engine, transmission, front and rear suspensions. Which would also involve using the computer and some of the electrical system from the Corvette too. The only thing that is really "Civic" left on the car is the shell. :D

still looks like a civic though..... if your spending that amount of money why not use something that actually looks half decent.....

Because looks are subjective. It's not like all hatches look bad anyway.

redek7hp.jpg

wetoddimage4.jpg

wMTA3MjAyMDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

I don't think he really spent alot of money other than for materials for things like the roll cage and subframe. He had a wrecked Corvette that gave up it's guts and the old non-running Civic sitting in his garage.

I've seen guys stuff Chevy engines in things like Volkswagens, Porches, even motorcycles. It's all for fun. Some guys just get too uptight over what some people like to do for fun with cars.

Look, I prefer good old fashioned American iron. I grew up around hot rodded Model T's, '32 coupes, roadsters, you name it as my dad has been building them since the 50's. But I have no problem with what this guy did. It reminds me of my old '72 V8 Vega I used to run around in. Small car + lot's of power = FUN!! :D

Here's the story of the Civette by the guy who built it: The Civette ls1.... not your typical car

Here it is on the Honda Tech forum: Corvette powered ls1 civic h/b My project that i thought i would share

Back
Top Bottom