Which lcd monitor match my videocard and motherboard?

genzcop

Beta member
Videocard: ASUS EN8600GT MAGIC/HTP/512M GeForce 8600GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

Motherboard: ASUS P5W DH DELUXE/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard

Processor: Q6600 2.4GHz

I'm looking for a 22" widescreen monitor. Mostly used for gaming and movies. My spending is about $250 maximum. I've heard the HP w2207 is good for gamers. What do you guys think?

Plus a response time of 5ms or lower. Although you won't notice anything lower than 5ms.

LCD technology is still young too. A good CRT will be better for gaming. The only thing is that you can't get widescreen which I don't think I could stand not having.

well first off the the monitor only has to match your video card. most videocards and monitors have vga and dvi. higher end video cards will have 2 dvi.

The Dell 22" Ultrasharp is amazing i have it and i love it. The Hp one is also very good.

LCD technology is still young too. A good CRT will be better for gaming. The only thing is that you can't get widescreen which I don't think I could stand not having.

BITE ME
LCD's with low response time and high frequency are FINE for gaming (and most all new LCD's have less than 5ms timing and have support for 75hz and up)

you honestly think he's gona choose a huge power hungry 40lb elephant on his desk over a slim, high-resolution, crisp, sharp, lightweight and versatile LCD?

your arguement is getting old
its not 2003 anymore; LCD's have taken over. they're not as young as u treat them.
quality wise you can expect better from certain LCD's than most all CRT's. 2008, people.

^^ still. crt > lcd (if we are talking about the same price range)
But I'd still go with an lcd, you get widescreen and well.. unless you get a crappy lcd then the picture quality is going to be good enough for anything.

I have the samsung syncmaster 226bw and it's pretty damn nice. Sounds about right for you too, except the price might be a little higher than $250.

BITE ME
LCD's with low response time and high frequency are FINE for gaming (and most all new LCD's have less than 5ms timing and have support for 75hz and up)

you honestly think he's gona choose a huge power hungry 40lb elephant on his desk over a slim, high-resolution, crisp, sharp, lightweight and versatile LCD?

your arguement is getting old
its not 2003 anymore; LCD's have taken over. they're not as young as u treat them.
quality wise you can expect better from certain LCD's than most all CRT's. 2008, people.

How is my argument getting old when it was my first post in the thread?

Back
Top Bottom