DVDs in stereos?

thomas49th

In Runtime
I actually feel really n00bish asking this but:
can you actually play dvd's in stereos. Dont DVDs require a different wave length on the laser used to read them?? It's just been bothering me and google wont answer my question

Your n00bishly

For the most part, you can't play a DVD in your average stereo that takes CDs. There are some car stereo systems out there that do accept both DVD and CDs now though.

Yes, a DVD uses a much smaller wavelength to read an burn a disc than a CD.

Here's a good read: Difference between DVD and CD Media

i think your confusion may be coming alot of stereo sytems now that offer 2.1 and some 5.1 surround systems on the normal stereo,

well the designers of this have found that because its 2.1 or 5.1 dvd's will also sound good on this so what they will do is put a DVD laser in there and add an external out port for a DVD even though this will look like a normal stereo, another benifit from this is being able to have ||HUGE mp3 DVD's for instance if your average mp3 track is 5 MB then 4700 Mb / 5 = 940 so that is a minimum of 900 songs on 1 dvd disk, huge benifit.

heres an example http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...udio>C$cip=1500011478.Micro+audio+systems.htm

Back
Top Bottom