Java/Flash problems...?

CLEFanForLife

Solid State Member
I don't know if there's a problem with my javascript, or my flash, or what... But on a lot of websites, some stuff just doesn't show up.

I reinstalled both Flash and Java Runtime Environment, which didn't help

On the Cleveland Indians site, for example, a lot of stuff is just blank
As seen here

Also on the Indians site, there are some links that will open a new window, a video player. The links are some kind of javascript command or something.... And when I click them, nothing comes up

I'm on Firefox 2.0.0.13, but the same problems occurred in old versions of Firefox, and in IE.

Any ideas?

Seems to me this could be your browsers security features blocking adds, what browser are you using, have you a add/pop up blocker on?

Ignore that just seen the writing at the bottom

Have you been into Tools,Options, Content, then checked if the boxes are ticked if so uncheck some.

Firefox blocks popups, and I have the Adblock Plus addon for Firefox.

If I'm not mistaken, the problem started before I got Adblock, though

Disable your Ad-Block Plus on that site. I tried it for you a few minutes ago, and it appeared to fix it.

Sorry to double post, and bump an old(er) thread, but can anyone help me out? This is an extremely annoying problem, and it's persisted for months

What internet speed are you getting? have you tried leaving it a while to see if the page finally loads? the only other thing I can think of is a DirectX issue, have you the latest version, Have you tried using Real Player or VLC. I click on the Indians link and it works fine as do the Video player on there and im on Firefox just like you

Well I've got cable DSL. Bandwidth tests rate it around 2500-3000 kbps
I haven't necessarily left it for a while intentionally, but it never loads after any periods of time I've had the page up. I wouldn't expect it to, because it says "Done" in the lower-left corner

Back
Top Bottom