non-giving up CiD pop-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zac5

Beta member
hey about a week ago now we re-subscripted our norton...

ever since then we have had irritating CiD pop ups.
doesn't matter if we're on IE,FireFox, MSN or Yahoo we just repeatedly get CiD pop ups from IE.

yes we do have an IE pop-up blocker and apparently it's useless. just doesn't let pop-ups come up when you want them
pop ups don't just go changing sites either, just every now and then if you're on the net

see the below screeny to see what i went through just go sign on and get to this site.
(four more pop ups came when i was putting the screeny onto photobucket)
My Problem:
popups.jpg

and yes i have ran spybot on it and no it didn't stop it

OK, boot into safemode (with networking) update all your scanners and run them. If things still come up clean, go to www.eset.com and do their free on-line scan.

get rid of norton will be a great move and download AVG it's free uses less resources and scan's,finds and cleans a whole lot better.

get rid of norton will be a great move and download AVG it's free uses less resources and scan's,finds and cleans a whole lot better.

Normally I'd agree, but since he just renewed it I'd hate to see him waste that money.

In the end norton can cost you time which is money in my eyes, I would also use firefox instead of I.E as your browser as this is much more secure and reliable Celegorm. Just My Thoughts Buddy!

Well. i ran spybot again and it came up with about a dozen things, one of them being a trojan.
i haven't had any pop-ups since then but i haven't really been on the internet since then..
just got a pop up -.-
i'll give what celegorm said a shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom