I'm deeply saddened...

wol-va-rine

Fully Optimized
my computer won't boot with my E6600 anymore, I enter my password on the login screen and it gets to my desktop and then reboots itself, I'm using my computer with my pentium D that I swapped out with it and am having no problems at all with that, do processors go bad...? I don't overclock, and the temps were pretty normal (40 degrees), it all happened when I tried to use the AI overclock on my ASUS P5NSLI, I went with 20% and now the E6600 won't work...

this sucks...

:(

no warranty...

one word - craigslist...

anyway, even though the bios seemed to have been reset to the factory settings, I cleared the bios and it's now working again, but I wonder for how long, when I took it out and looked at it I didn't see anything out of the ordinary...

I guess we'll see, I have a back up processor just in case anyway...

I know what is feels like when one of your parts seems to be not working. Happened to me the other day. I'm sure your E6600 is fine.

I would dust it out and reapply thermal paste, it could be overheating.

I would dust it out and reapply thermal paste, it could be overheating.

I've switched them back and forth a couple times already, it's not overheating according to pcwizard and my bios, also, every time I've switched them I've cleaned off the old AS-5 on the heatsink and processor and reapplied it, even if I only had it on for a couple hours, excessive...? yeah, but I just wanted to be sure that I could eliminate that as a possible problem...

AS-5 takes time to cure, but it's not gonna overheat your CPU until it does.

Back
Top Bottom