things i can do with Ubuntu but not Windows

what is there that i can do with ubuntu and not xp/vista?

and is ubuntu good for getting the most outta my graphics card? (like does it utilize it better than xp?)

if so, are there any good games compatible with linux, or if i use Wine, can i run a Windows game on Linux faster than it would on Linux? or am i better off with XP?

what is there that i can do with ubuntu and not xp/vista?

and is ubuntu good for getting the most outta my graphics card? (like does it utilize it better than xp?)

if so, are there any good games compatible with linux, or if i use Wine, can i run a Windows game on Linux faster than it would on Linux? or am i better off with XP?
If you are going to game, you are much better off with windows.

There is nothing Linux can do that windows can't do.

There is nothing Linux can do that windows can't do.
That isn't true. For starters you can find a version of any program that you want and download it for free. You can't do that in windows.

Other things that you can do only with Linux:
* Browse the web while the OS is being installed!
* Update your entire system, kernel, software, everything with just one click.
* Understand everything that goes on with my computer. Linux is open source, that means that I have access to all of the source files if I want them, and can get them easily. Windows is proprietary.
* Run thousands of pieces of software that run only on Linux. This is similar to what I said abouve.
* Easily install and run different graphical interfaces if I don't like the default setup. There are two main gui's Gnome and KDE, and others too, you are stuck with the same old windows look.
*Install the same copy of my OS on multiple computers without worrying about license restrictions or activation keys.
* Run my computer without needing to defragment my hard drive, ever.
* Run multiple desktops simultaneously, or even allow multiple users to log in and use the computer simultaneously.

That is just a small portion of the long and extensive list of things that you can do on Linux that you can't do on Windows.

Back
Top Bottom