Jesus is still on vacation

all i say is live life a good person
and what happens when you die happens

That's true,

I have to say that I'm not a religious person, but I don't go with the idea that all religion is a bunch of twadle.

I think that in order to live a good life ou have to have a certain sense of right and wrong, good and evil and to a certain extent this implies a certain spiritualism.

religion is a tool, traditionally used to teach people the difference of right, wrong, good and evil, and also used to help explain the mysteries of the universe before we had all the answers.

siritual/faith healing is still a mystery, and to my mind i think it's a mystery best left not uncovered.
Some people are 'cured' of disease when they accept a god, however this could be possibly down to elevated mood and the body chemicals that come with this.

well, it was God inspired them to write what they wrote fyi. God went threw people and wrote it. I swear if you were ever to belive in god, wow, just ask him for something. you'll be suprised when your prayers get answered.... mine get answered daily. no coincidence's its happened to much.

you couldn't have said it better. My life is living proof that there is a God. just because you go through bad times doesn't mean he has forsaken you. It is our trials that refine and make us stronger.--James 1:1-14.

and, yes, the Bible is really God-inspired. There are many ways this can be proved.

1. there are more Bibles written and published on the face of this earth than any other book written by mankind.
2. Despite the numerous attempts to destroy the Bible and people who read it, it still lives on. There have been several times where books written by mankind have been destroyed to extinction never to exist again.
3. the first writings of the Bible began in 1513B.C.E and the last of the books were written in 98C.E. Throughout the Bible, the message is all the same. If it were written by men over such a period of time, it would be disjointed and not flow as well. It is clear that the Bible had one true author. The people were just used to write it.

It is just the same as a secratary. She/he writes what his/her boss dictates. It is still the bosses words, not the secretary's. The same goes for the Bible. God dictated, man wrote.

The Bible also addresses this issue at 1 Timothy 3:16:17 when it states, "16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. 17 God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work."

being a bit pedantic, (because I know what you are saying).

I don't think that you can use your lie as proof of existance of god.

I think that you can however say that your life is good because of the belief in a higher power. but that doesn't prove the existance of the higher power, just your belief in that power, and teh positive effects of faith.

in the same way people could argue that Allah or Sheba existed, though they are not the christian god, and they don't have the Bible, instead they have other religious scriptures that they use to live their lives by.

being a bit pedantic, (because I know what you are saying).

I think that you can however say that your life is good because of the belief in a higher power. but that doesn't prove the existance of the higher power, just your belief in that power, and teh positive effects of faith.

in the same way people could argue that Allah or Sheba existed, though they are not the christian god, and they don't have the Bible, instead they have other religious scriptures that they use to live their lives by.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

The Bible also addresses this issue at 1 Timothy 3:16:17 when it states, "16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. 17 God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work."

So in essence, you're saying that because the Bible says so, it's true? Thats the only grounds for this?

3. the first writings of the Bible began in 1513B.C.E and the last of the books were written in 98C.E. Throughout the Bible, the message is all the same. If it were written by men over such a period of time, it would be disjointed and not flow as well. It is clear that the Bible had one true author. The people were just used to write it.

Not completely true. In the old testament, God was shown as vengeful and violent. Just look at all the people that God killed throughout the old testament. All the Egyptian first borns, assyrian army, etc...

In the New Testament, Jesus' message is basically turn the other cheek. I like Jesus' message much better.

Not completely true. In the old testament, God was shown as vengeful and violent. Just look at all the people that God killed throughout the old testament. All the Egyptian first borns, assyrian army, etc...

In the New Testament, Jesus' message is basically turn the other cheek. I like Jesus' message much better.

so god was like an angry teenager, who matured into a well rounded adult?

</blasphemy>

well really, ive had my proof come to me, ya know god only comes to you a couple of times, and if you keep passing it up your going to regret it later, btw, waldorf god bless you and keep up with these good posts haha taking stuff right outta the bible, nice!

Back
Top Bottom