manual vs auto

and if you do any one of those while driving, i'll make sure to slap you. :rolleyes:

i·ro·ny

an objectively sardonic style of speech or writing.
an objectively or humorously sardonic utterance, disposition, quality, etc.

they arent that difficult to learn really, just gotta feel out the biting point and learn how to accelerate properly, i think that everyone should have to learn in a manual, teaches more car control, and also means that you can drive both manual and auto, best of both worlds.. then you can have and drive whatever you want.. i do like the drop down on autos though, that is fun... but still not as much fun as dropping it down a gear to overtake..
I've driven manual vehicles before. The first vehicle I ever drove was my dad's old mid 80's Ranger and it was manual. I caught on pretty quick for slow speed in the pasture, and not too bad for age 10. He even let me drive it back to the house alone to get more water (we were working out in the pasture). But then he got an '89 Mercury Tracer used. That thing was so hard to get started. A couple tries and I could get it backed up, then I would have to start it again several more times before I got it going forward... My mom couldn't even get it going right and she likes and used to own several manual Mustangs before. My dad's newer '01 Ranger is easier to drive, the few times I have driven it, but I still don't think I could trust myself driving them on the road now that I've driven auto so long.

Not all people should drive manual. We got stuck behind a guy that couldn't make it over a speed bump in his manual Jeep for at least a minute... I seriously could probably do better than that...

I learned on a manual, but growing up on the farm everything was a manual...trucks, tractors etc. Heh and being from Alabama (and D-Lew can attest to this:p) they will stick a ten year old behind the wheel. we drive at a early age:p haha i drove hay trucks in the fields when i was 6, i couldn't even reach the pedals..they just pointed me in the right direction and put me in 1st while they threw square bales on the truck...all i had to do was steer around the bales, lol then they had to stop me when i got close to the edge of the field:p

manuals are better on fuel economy, they take a little practice and have their advantages...but personally i like autos. they are much easier when your driving in towns lol

Nobody really knows how to drive these days. It really bugs me when two people are in front of me blocking both lanes doing 7 under the limit in perfectly normal weather with clear visibility.

i·ro·ny

an objectively sardonic style of speech or writing.
an objectively or humorously sardonic utterance, disposition, quality, etc.

Thanks for the dictionary quote, but that has nothing to do with my point.

You have to be stupid to be READING or playing a gameboy in your car. Jesus, the amount of bad drivers I see on the road every single day is astounding. From my commute to and from school/work, I see an average of two to three situations where an accident was about to happen. Why? Because the person was reading something, putting makeup on, or talking on the phone. There are very very few people that can drive AND do something else, but even then its still dangerous.

I make sure I avoid people I see on their cellphones or doing other things while drinking, I almost got hit one time by a little chicky talking on her cellphone driving too fast in her little sports car.

Thanks for the dictionary quote, but that has nothing to do with my point.

You have to be stupid to be READING or playing a gameboy in your car. Jesus, the amount of bad drivers I see on the road every single day is astounding. From my commute to and from school/work, I see an average of two to three situations where an accident was about to happen. Why? Because the person was reading something, putting makeup on, or talking on the phone. There are very very few people that can drive AND do something else, but even then its still dangerous.

I know dude. It was a joke. I race, I know how distracting driving can be by itself sometimes.

I know you're saying people still try to pull off crap like that but there's nothing we can do about it unless police start cracking down. I think it's safe to say none of us here do that on a daily basis, or probably not at all.

Back
Top Bottom