BIG Starting up issue

I would agree with the PSU, but from what I understand its shutting off at the same time, everytime you try to load windows...

Will it shut off if you just press "del" and sit in the BIOS for 10-30 mins???

then it would point to be something more hardware oriented.
Possible but I would think that the reason it crashes during Windows loading is when the draw on the psu is ramping up as components are activated, sitting in the bios is very low draw on the psu.

Not that I'm saying it isn't worth a try, when you're troubleshooting anything is worth a look if it may lead to a answer.

Possible but I would think that the reason it crashes during Windows loading is when the draw on the psu is ramping up as components are activated, sitting in the bios is very low draw on the psu.

Not that I'm saying it isn't worth a try, when you're troubleshooting anything is worth a look if it may lead to a answer.

Agreed. but this is a quick simple test that should be tried before anymore steps are taken.

Ya, I did that in the "Setup" area, but there is no place which displays system temperatures. I was thinking that there was another area which I hadn't seen or been in to. Thanks anyway.
Mate, there are about six pages in a bios, one of them is called "Power" and that is where Asus usually puts Hardware Monitor, all modern bios' have a temperature reading in the bios somewhere, you're not looking hard enough. Have you looked in every tab in your bios??

Here is a screenie of an M2N-E boards bios showing Hardware Monitor, that is what you're looking for. It is there, if you can't find something as rudimentary as temps in a bios I think we'll have more issues with trying to find a fix for your problem.

m2nbiospicxx4.jpg

EDIT: oooooooooops double post, mods please merge (if you feel so inclined) :D

I would do a windows repair, then re-install the latest drivers off the manufactures website right off the bat.

How to do a Windows Repair BY LambOfGod

1. Go into your computers BIOS and set your boot order to cd rom first (usually DEL key, or F1, F2,)
2. Put the XP CD in the drive and save and exit the BIOS
3. Press a key when you see the screen that says press any key to boot from CD (right after the POST)
4. let windows load its files
5. press enter,(not R you dont want the recovery console)
6. then press f8
7. then press R for repair
8. and let the repair process begin.

good luck man

I pressed F8 to agree, but I hit enter not "R" There was only something about partition space. I guess I'll lose all my stuff? :(

I am a pretty big moron....thanks for putting up with me guys, and giving me all the help.

Have you sufficient cooling?, is the CPU hot?, you say this is a new computer, was it bought from a shop? take it back it must be under warranty, I'm wondering if there isn't enough thermal paste between CPU & HEATSINC, is your graphics card seated correctly?, have you tried starting your PC with just one stick of ram in? swapped the over?, has this computer been over clocked?

Custom PC. Built it myself. CPU is cold. GPU is mounted right, and cold. Hard-Drive is also cooled with dual fan. Like in my signature, I have two sticks of RAM, one gig each. They have a platinum coating and really stay cool. And no, I havn't over-clocked. It seems kinda dumb to me.

I pressed F8 to agree, but I hit enter not "R" There was only something about partition space. I guess I'll lose all my stuff? :(

I am a pretty big moron....thanks for putting up with me guys, and giving me all the help.

Your install my not be recognized by the windows boot menu...

that can mean a corrupted MBR, wich you would have to repair...

Back
Top Bottom