VPN tunnel - disguising your torrents from your ISP

Fisher

Fully Optimized
ok ive been doing a little googling for a new ISP one that takes a fair view towards using torrents between 9am and 11pm. no luck on that front but i did come up with this:

http://www.vpntunnel.co.uk/

it says it can disguise your internet traffic making it look like normal internet use so that you can use torrents or whatever and your ISP wont limit the bandwidth on that. It also says that it will encrypt it so that no one can snoop around and see what you are downloading. how true is this? does anyone have any experience using this or something similar?

ok ive been doing a little googling for a new ISP one that takes a fair view towards using torrents between 9am and 11pm. no luck on that front but i did come up with this:

http://www.vpntunnel.co.uk/

it says it can disguise your internet traffic making it look like normal internet use so that you can use torrents or whatever and your ISP wont limit the bandwidth on that. It also says that it will encrypt it so that no one can snoop around and see what you are downloading. how true is this? does anyone have any experience using this or something similar?

This will work against many ISP's very effectively.

Some ISP's with really really high end hardware will be able to detect torrent traffic thru a VPN connection, and their's not much you can do about it. My ISP is one of these.

This will work against many ISP's very effectively.

Some ISP's with really really high end hardware will be able to detect torrent traffic thru a VPN connection, and their's not much you can do about it. My ISP is one of these.

so do you think its a good idea to try it out? my ISP is Eclipse (UK) i dont know if they have the hardware to detect it or not. might do some googling to see if it comes up with anything.

Is there a free version? if so can it be obtained by other means, cough cough

VPN's require a server to be set up on the other end to pass all your data thru. It isn't just a piece of software, the software is free, but finding someone with a VPN server and making them give you a username and password is the hard part.

VPN's require a server to be set up on the other end to pass all your data thru. It isn't just a piece of software, the software is free, but finding someone with a VPN server and making them give you a username and password is the hard part.

Yeah, I've been reading up on it, you would need to get a couple of mates or good friends together to make it work.

Back
Top Bottom