Jesus is still on vacation

pastafarians...

that religion makes me laugh... I especially like the claim that global warming is caused by the decline in pirates.

I.e since there are now less pirates in the world the world has gotten hotter.

anyway... not that I am religious, but I was messing about on myspace and read something that someone had written in their blog. which I found massivly profound... so I'll repost here.

(copied from a girl named Ashley from California -don't know the original source).
A university professor challenged his students with this question. Did God create everything that exists? A student bravely replied, "Yes, he did!" "God created everything?" The professor asked. "Yes sir", the student replied. The professor answered, "If God created everything, then God created evil since evil exists, and according to the principal that our works define who we are then God is evil". The student became quiet before such an answer.

The professor was quite pleased with himself and boasted to the students that he had proven once more that the Christian faith was a myth. Another student raised his hand and said, "Can I ask you a question professor?" "Of course", replied the professor.

The student stood up and asked, "Professor, does cold exist?" "What kind of question is this? Of course it exists. Have you never been cold?" The students snickered at the young man's question. The young man replied, "In fact sir, cold does not exist. According to the laws of physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat. Every body or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero (-460 degrees F) is the total absence of heat; all matter becomes inert and incapable of reaction at that temperature. Cold does not exist. We have created this word to describe how we feel if we have no heat."

The student continued, "Professor, does darkness exist?" The professor responded, "Of course it does." The student replied, "Once again you are wrong sir, darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in reality the absence of light. Light we can study, but not darkness. In fact we can use Newton's prism to break white light into many colors and study the various wavelengths of each color. You cannot measure darkness. A simple ray of light can break into a world of darkness and illuminate it. How can you know how dark a certain space is? You measure the amount of light present. Isn't this correct? Darkness is a term used by man to describe what happens when there is no light present."

Finally the young man asked the professor, "Sir, does evil exist?" Now uncertain, the professor responded, "Of course as I have already said. We see it every day. It is in the daily example of man's inhumanity to man!. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. These manifestations are nothing else but evil." To this the student replied, "Evil does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is not like faith, or love that exist just as does light and heat. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light."

all i say is live life a good person
and what happens when you die happens

^ It's a freakin' story, the Bible was not written by the hand of God but Man.
well, it was God inspired them to write what they wrote fyi. God went threw people and wrote it. I swear if you were ever to belive in god, wow, just ask him for something. you'll be suprised when your prayers get answered.... mine get answered daily. no coincidence's its happened to much.

It is still written by man. God can inspires, not controls. And they are called Bible "Stories" for a reason I think.

IMO, there has to be a balance, good and evil. Balance is neccessary for eveything I think.

This should clarify things about the downward course this world is taking;

2 Timothy 3:1-9
1 You should know this, Timothy, that in the last days there will be very difficult times. 2 For people will love only themselves and their money. They will be boastful and proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their parents, and ungrateful. They will consider nothing sacred. 3 They will be unloving and unforgiving; they will slander others and have no self-control. They will be cruel and hate what is good. 4 They will betray their friends, be reckless, be puffed up with pride, and love pleasure rather than God. 5 They will act religious, but they will reject the power that could make them godly. Stay away from people like that!

6 They are the kind who work their way into people's homes and win the confidence of vulnerable women who are burdened with the guilt of sin and controlled by various desires. 7 (Such women are forever following new teachings, but they are never able to understand the truth.) 8 These teachers oppose the truth just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses. They have depraved minds and a counterfeit faith. 9 But they won't get away with this for long. Someday everyone will recognize what fools they are, just as with Jannes and Jambres.

Jesus or his father are not on vacation though I can see how you'd feel that way. They are planning just the right time to destroy this system and bring it to an end. there are many who still have not had an opportunity to hear the word of God. Thus, they cannot make an informed decision on whether or not to be on his side and stand up for the good. If he were to end it now, just think of how many would be lost, as they've not had a chance to know God. Matthew 24:14 says on the subject, "And the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, so that all nations will hear it; and then the end will come." This is just one of the many reasons why God is permitting evil for the time being. It is no mystery. Not even most of the clergy can explain this. Many religious people I've talked to don't have these answers. I can explain more if you'd like.

Don't worry, I'm no perfect person, and i won't pretend to be. i am just close to God and do what I can to do the right thing and educate others. And, I'm no bible thumper. God is not someone i force on others. He is someone I'm proud to know and someone who has helped me through parelous times when I had it rough growing up. It is scary to think of where I'd be without him. He is my best friend. I'll share him with anyone.

waldorf, wow, nice post man! yeah what your saying is true i mean God has helped me threw some of the hardest times, i used to have serious anxiety but now that ive found God, wow, hes taken it away, thats a mental condition that doesnt just go away with out taking pills everyday for the rest of your life! but God took it away. hes the best friend ive ever had, always there for me.

Back
Top Bottom