dual boot questions

Celticsfan

Banned
Hi, I have 2 older computers in which I would like to do the following to:

On one computer I would like to dual boot a windows 98SE os with a win nt server. On this computer which OS would need to be the 1st OS installed and is it possible to dual boot these 2 os's?

On the other computer I would like to dual boot windows 2000 server and windows 2003 server. Is this possible?

Please let me know if this is possible.

thanks

Yes you can dual boot on both computers. My first question is why do you want to dual boot with 98 and like windows 2000 on the first computer? That kinda seems to be defeating the point. One the other computer the same question comest to mind. You want to dual boot with two server OS's. Are you looking to just play around with servers, or do you want to have a dedicated server on one of the computer?

If I was you I would put 98 on the first computer, and dual boot with a version of Linux, possible Ubuntu, or Xbuntu, all depending on what your specs or on the computer. On the second computer I would just install one or the other windows server OS's, then learn it really well, and run a dedicated server or file server off it.

Cheers!

That is cool, then yes you can go ahead and dual boot with both of them. If you have any questions feel free to post them, or IM me. I can help you were I can, or DJ-Chris is really helpful, too.

Cheers!

What does the type of CPU have to do with dual booting. I have an Athlon XP 3200+, and I can run any os that I so choose. Your CPU doesn't really limit what OS you install.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom