manual vs auto

DefCon_!1!

Fully Optimized
so, im buying a new car at the end of the summer, and im in a little pickle

the manuals are a little cheaper, and a little less miles then the autos,

but how much is a clutch and the labor that goes with it,

any one have experience with this?

Every time I drive my car I get reminded of how glad I am to have a manual. It's not hard, just takes a little time to learn.

I'm assuming you're talking about maintenance, it depends on the car really. like i know in a toyota the clutch is a bitch and can be expensive. but autos can really be expensive as hell too. i would just get the standard; it's usually better on gas (if you can drive), more fun to drive and you have better control of the vehicle

i was lookin into a few cars

hyndai tuburon gt v6

mazda 3

hell, even a lexus gs 300 is in my range

but ya, my parents are like "If u get a manual, ull have no fun, and get stuck with maitnence fees"

ill be payin 200-250 amonth, so it cant be that bad

can it?

Clutches are relatively cheap. Parts and labor costs will average about 400 - $600. Autos can be very expensive to have worked on when things go wrong. They can run upwards of $2500+ to have them replaced or rebuilt.

Besides, manual trannies get better gas mileage than slushboxes.

Over here in the Uk, I have to say that Mannuals are much more fun. You can get better speeds / better gears for different things etc. Auto's obviously do the gear changing for you thus can't perform as well in expirience.

ughh stick shift is not fun, it WILL get annoying after a while, when you have to drive through trafic, your gonna be mad, its alot better with auto.... gosh i cant wait till i get my own car, its gonna be auto lol, im borrowing a stick shift haha

I've driven manual a few times. To be honest I sucked at it. Getting started and downshifting take time and practice to get used to. Once you get that, it is very fun.

Back
Top Bottom