I'm beyond impressed with Verizons Customer support

About two weeks ago I was doing some house cleaning and came across the original paperwork from when I ordered my wireless Broadband card from Verizon. I noticed on the back was a customer survey web address. I decided to take it to inform them of my disappointment from there lack of coverage vs what there actual coverage map indicates.

So this morning I get a call from a customer service rep. I don't think this was a normal representative that just handles sales a service rep that could actually do something about. He said he was going to put in for some assessments to be done in my area.

Well I never would of dreamed it would have been the same day yet alone actually get to talk to one of the *guys* you see in the Verizon commercials with the can you hear me now ads!

So I get a knock on my door about 30 minutes ago with a guy assessing the situation and helping me locate full EvDO coverage. He gave me great detailed information as far as the closest towers in my area narrowing it down so I actually know where the towers are located.

It turns out the closest tower is 12.5 Miles from me and the signal is just getting too degraded to maintain a steady EvDO connection. Then I asked him about external antenna's and amplifiers. He gave me some good insight on what to look for and what may work as well as the best direction to point things in.

After that I did end up also asking about tower placement as I have a few property's in the area that I would be willing to lease to Verizon to have them put up a tower. He gave me his business card so I hope to get the ball rolling. I'm guessing they most likely won't consider it but hey I'll just cross my fingers some more. To explain the area I'm in if you can picture a triangle with each point being a larger town I'm directly in the center of the triangle and on the fringe of all coverages. This would be a perfect fit for them to fill in the slight gaps.

Although my overall issue wasn't resolved and I still don't have EvDO but at least I have some recommendations and some options available for a possible chance. Plus the fact there was someone at my door actually testing the area out impressed me.

I tip my hat to Verizon for at least coming out and trying to help me get some better coverage.

Nice dude. I was trying to play on xbox live with my friends EVDO today, cause I convinced him to get sprint also, and it worked fairly well. Better then I expected. 12.5miles doesnt seem very far, I thought it could go further then that and still do alright.

Yea they always have good signals on cell phones over here. But for cable i use Comcast not Fios.

Nice dude. I was trying to play on xbox live with my friends EVDO today, cause I convinced him to get sprint also, and it worked fairly well. Better then I expected. 12.5miles doesnt seem very far, I thought it could go further then that and still do alright.

Thats 12.5 Miles of Mountains and Trees. I think I'm going to order a Yagi antenna with 50 feet of coax tomorrow and see how much that improves the reception.

That would just rock though if they put a Tower on my property lol. I'd be getting like virtually no interference :D But I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;779592 said:
That would just rock though if they put a Tower on my property lol. I'd be getting like virtually no interference :D But I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Those cell towers can be hazardous to your health. Plus they're ugly.

Verizon used to be the best until my mom realized they charged us something we didn't ask for for 3 months and refused to refund it. We didn't even use it either.

Back
Top Bottom