From what would I benefit more?

The P35s are just as good for OC'ing as the X38/X48 but I think the Vdroop is slightly worse. (I think I remember A true folder saying the Vdroop on his P5K was worse than on his new P5E) I don't think you'll need DDR3 until Nehalem and like you said, you'll need a new mobo then anyway.
And PCI-E 2.0 offers no performance advantage over PCI-E 1.1 and by the time it does, you'll have upgraded probably.
I'd recommend the Abit IP35 PRO, but if you don't want to spend that much on a P35, then the GB DR3R is my recommendation.

The P35s are just as good for OC'ing as the X38/X48 but I think the Vdroop is slightly worse. (I think I remember A true folder saying the Vdroop on his P5K was worse than on his new P5E) I don't think you'll need DDR3 until Nehalem and like you said, you'll need a new mobo then anyway.
And PCI-E 2.0 offers no performance advantage over PCI-E 1.1 and by the time it does, you'll have upgraded probably.
I'd recommend the Abit IP35 PRO, but if you don't want to spend that much on a P35, then the GB DR3R is my recommendation.

I'm just curious why this specific board why not the "GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3R LGA" It has the Memory Standard of DDR2 1200 (O.C.)/1066, but the Abit comes with 800.

PS: Congrats on the 2000 posts man

I'm just curious why this specific board why not the "GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3R LGA" It has the Memory Standard of DDR2 1200 (O.C.)/1066, but the Abit comes with 800.
I've read some reviews about it and it seems it's a fantastic board with great overclocking capabilities. Kage has one so it might be worth PM'ing him about it. I'm pretty sure he's very happy with it though. And are you really going to be running your memory at 1200MHz. To to say the the Abit couldn't handle those speeds when overclocked of course.
Here's a review: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mainboards/display/abit-ip35-pro.html

I didn't even realise I'd reached 2000. Hope I've some of those posts have helped people.

It won't have the divider to run the RAM at 1200MHz with a 1333 FSB, but if you OC and increase the FSB, you should be able to get the RAM running at 1200MHz speeds.

Back
Top Bottom