This is a joke *Mark Thorpe* Power tripping

Status
Not open for further replies.
imo mark is one of the best mods on this forum and I don't see what was so bad about locking that thread.

There was an argument, what's going to happen next? One guy saying 'ohh I'm sorry, you are right'? No. Wha'ts the easiest way to make sure the argument doesn't escalate? Yes, lock the thread.

On top of that the thread was open for some time and I'm sure everyone who wanted had the chance to post their opinion. And by quickly looking at the last page half of the posts seem to be arguing instead of saying something usefull related to the thread. And even though it's closed now David can still read the posts and know what you guys think.

So yeah.. I don't really see what was so bad about locking it.

nothing for or against what mark has done but what you guys are doing here is what should be mirrored throughout CF, keeping it civil. respect for you lot this thread could easily blow up but its not so lets all hope CF is on the rise again

Well to be honest we have alot of 'suggestion' threads that just end up the same way - in an arguement.

Don't forget Mark puts in alot of time volunteering to help moderator so give him a chance

Okay I understand your point but the fact was one member initiated the whole argument. Rather than a mod just coming in a saying stop arguing and get back on topic it was just locked.

End result I see you decided to increase the limit to 50KB which I thank you for. That should give us more headroom for animated avatars.

A mod can go ahead and lock this thread out now since everything seems to be resolved.

Thanks to all those that lobbied for an increase because we got it!

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;778706 said:
A mod can go ahead and lock this thread out now since everything seems to be resolved.

As requested.

YouFail.jpg

you honestly expected the thread to keep on going in a positive direction after you had posted something like this? posting that was just going to provoke the other member and create more problems. he was just saying that on his forum the same thing is used with no problems at all. nothing wrong, he was just saying that it works on his forum, so whats the problem with it on here.

it was that picture which made me close the thread. you honestly think you can post things like that and not esculate the argument further?

the thread was starting to get out of control so i closed it to get rid of the argument (or so i thought :rolleyes: ), but i left it there so that david could still see the suggestion. i even said that in my post. and as you can see david saw the suggestion and implemented it. what exactly is your problem? :rolleyes:

*sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom