Manual transmission question

my bad haha well yeah, and joga, yeah... stick shift... ehh... yeah im driving stick shift, and it gets annoying after a while, like when you have to shift threw everygear, when your slowing down you needa shift down threw every gear.... its fun to joy ride or race or just play around with. but i know my next car imma try to get a auto, haha sticks to much of a pain! specially in BUNCHA TRAFFIC, going back and forth threw 1st and 2nd hahahah

I could never drive an automatic. The feeling of being in control of a manual seems like it would be a lot greater than with an Automatic.
I even in games, switch to manual gears. Always have.

You get used to it. The best thing to do is just to drive it. Hills are great practice.

That has nothing to do with stalling. Stalling is when the engine shuts off because of a lack of power. Imagine letting go of the clutch in 1st gear. The car dies, or "stalls."

To answer your question, no, its not that bad for the car. It can affect the engine, clutch, and transmission as a whole, but nothing to worry about if it was only a few times.

To give you a little more help, try to feel the sweet spot at which the clutch actually engages and disengages the gear. Keep the car in 1st and slowly start letting go of the clutch (don't apply any gas.) Pay attention to where the pedal is when the RPMs start to drop a little bit; that's your sweet spot.

What you wanna do is give the car a little bit of throttle (press the gas pedal) and then slowly let go of the clutch pedal until you hit that "Sweet spot," and then KEEP it there until the car grabs.

I'm sure you know that already, but I've realized that a big majority of stick drivers don't understand that the clutch should be kept at the sweet spot until it engages. Most will literally let go of the clutch pedal and watch the car stutter and stall.

Cheers,

Chris

thanks man, i've always wondered how to drive stick (we have 5 automatic cars) and i have yet to learn on a stick. i really wanna learn how to drift, but hey im 16 i got plenty of time to learn both

Back
Top Bottom