general labtop os question

ipwnuhardliek

Beta member
my friends labtop is in a piece of crap condition with liek half its hard drive corrupted files and can't do much so i got a windows for it but my dell desktop has a extra disc with drivers for my pc but his has no discs at all so since its a labtop will windows come with the drivers it needs or no?

If you are getting a brand new windows cd, then the cd will not have drivers for his computer. You will have to install all the drivers for video and sound if they are seperate from the motherboard or aren't onboard.

As for your drivers disk. I would guess that it is OEM and only works with your computer, or just Dells.

Cheers!

well it has internal everything and i am pretty darn sure its on the motherboard cuz thats how it is for laptops to my knowledge. i was just wondering if i reinstall windows on it if the moniter and keyboard and mouse would work from the auto drivers on windows liek most pc's excluding my dell where there is no need for driver discs just the windows os disc and the program discs

Everything should work fine. If you need an driver or anything, your keyboard, and mouse will probably come with it, and it shouldn't take to long.

If that doesn't work you might want to look at installing Linux, becuase you said that his hdd was mostly corrupt. If you do choose to do an install, there is a great thread for it here:
http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=69816

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom