game design

esa193

Fully Optimized
alright guys im going to be making a game
like a nice big full one not a short crappy mini game
ive got hammer editor ive got half life 2 ive done some research
and now i need one thing
a story line
mind helping me out i dont even no where to start but i need a really good story line

what genre of game is this going to be? FPS? Role-Playing? Platform?

Or is to be based on half-life 2 like a mod or something?

fps half life 2 mod but completely different story characters ect
any one who's interesting in helping let me no
i need some 3d character models =P and im bad at making them

Oh for real? That's dumb...no offense if you like that. I'd rather create my own game and take it my way...not "modding" somebody else's work.

Oh for real? That's dumb...no offense if you like that. I'd rather create my own game and take it my way...not "modding" somebody else's work.

go ahead and give it a try. You need a dedicated team if you want to make a game, you do need the same thing for mods too but generally games take a lot longer and you need to create everything from the beginning, including the engine.

I know. I know a couple people who are building a game and they invited me to help. Unfortunately they're already at Milestone 2 (the biggest one) and I'd have to spend quite some time learning Torque & DirectX to be able to significantly help them. I even posted a thread to get some people on a C++, C#, or some kind of programming language. Here's the link to their website, you can be a member there and what not. I'm going to be one of the "Alpha Testers". The team consists of around 20 people last time I checked. I really want to do something of that sort, but nobody will do it with me here. Sorry this post was kind of back and forth between my desires and their website. Anyways, here's the link

I know. I know a couple people who are building a game and they invited me to help. Unfortunately they're already at Milestone 2 (the biggest one) and I'd have to spend quite some time learning Torque & DirectX to be able to significantly help them. I even posted a thread to get some people on a C++, C#, or some kind of programming language. Here's the link to their website, you can be a member there and what not. I'm going to be one of the "Alpha Testers". The team consists of around 20 people last time I checked. I really want to do something of that sort, but nobody will do it with me here. Sorry this post was kind of back and forth between my desires and their website. Anyways, here's the link

looks nice, though I wish the website had a bit more info about the game. Though I guess there is time for that later, seeing as how the game isn't going to be ready anytime soon. :)

But good luck with that, making a successfull game is far from easy. If you need some testers when closed beta comes then send me a pm, I'll help if I can. (I do have previous testing experience)

Back
Top Bottom