This is a joke *Mark Thorpe* Power tripping

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I make a thread suggesting we get a size increase on avatars. I go to check back and I see Mark Thorpe was the last person to post. I instantly already know what this means.

Yes thats right the thread is locked because of a small argument within the thread.

God forbid members have a disagreement once and a while.

Honestly mark thorpe is the only mod I see that instantly drops a lock on threads. What a freaking joke try and do something constructive and a member comes in and starts arguing. We make a response and the thread is locked.

No warnings no nothing. Just a lock. Way to bring communism to the forum Mark.

OK, I'm not here to speak for or against what Mark did to you thread, just to put some neutral light on it.

I think we all can agree that things were starting to heat up when it came to trying to prove a point. Locking a thread is the quickest (and usually easiest) way to stop things from escalating. I'm not saying there are not other options to get thigns under control, because there are. Usually these methods take more time and more co-operation from the community.

Keeping all that in mind it's a judgment call. We'll just have to let him tell us why he chose the action he chose.

Well if people wouldn't argue so much in threads then that wouldn't happen.

Yes but the thing is when someone brings up a thread on changing something on the forum there will always be people that disagree and end up arguing.

Everything was going great until this single post.

http://www.computerforums.org/showpost.php?p=778338&postcount=30

I'm not going to let him attack me and I will return my 2 cents back to him. If that was his goal to end up getting the thread locked he did it. All I can say is what comes around goes around. That was complete disrespect.

this is one of the times that I'm taking his side of things. I could tell that it was going to be a ******** fest over how we are so greedy and no one else on any other forum wants a little more.

What I find even more annoying isn't the fact that he locks, even though thats quite annoying at times, but the fact that he always makes sure to post the last word and then locks, giving no one a chance to rebuttal.

Well to be honest we have alot of 'suggestion' threads that just end up the same way - in an arguement.

Don't forget Mark puts in alot of time volunteering to help moderator so give him a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom