Dangerous temps?

Marshillboy

In Runtime
Well, I built this computer last november or so, and it's been a really great gaming rig (I'm about to buy a video card for it as well, school's been pretty busy though). Anyhow, after gaming a bit and booting up everest to see what my temps were, I found that my chipset temperature can go well above 60 degrees Celsius or higher when I'm gaming on my current integrated video. I believe this is a danger zone for my motherboard, so I'm currently looking for some more case fans, as well as (most importantly) a chipset heatsink fan.

I currently have a GIGABYTE GA-M61P-S3, which (I read) are notorious for having hot chipsets, but I didn't know that it could get that hot! Help?

Yeah it was scalding hot. Well anyways, I ended up getting one of those passive Zalman chipset heatsinks, and it dropped my chipset temp from over 63 C under load to under 48 degrees Celcius under load. I'm planning on getting a 120mm fan for the back of my case, so that should improve my airflow even more. Thanks anyways.

Having an exhaust fan to remove the hot air from around the motherboard is very important.

get a spot fan (2) and a case and southbridge fan (over integrated heatsink) and hopefully it will cool it off man.

Back
Top Bottom