Remote Desktop/Terminal help :)

jdsanchez473

Solid State Member
I put an old computer out in my garage for music/internet when im goofing off in the garage.. The system is pretty sad (K6-2 "Chomper" running @ 345mhz, 96mb ram).. The issue im having is i would like to watch flash videos(youtube, streetfire) but its too slow lol..

In the house i have a decent system (2.8p4 gig of ram) and im trying to figure out a way if possible to have my system in the house do most of the processing so i can have some speed, and be able to watch videos. I've tried various VNC software but for some reason cannon't get it to connect, remote desktop works but not very well with video/audio.. They both have a 100mb/s link which i assumed would be plenty fast enough to handle it, or am i wrong here?

I did download an updated video driver for this 'ol pos and it didn't help the video, so im pretty sure its the K6 thats the issue here.. It has an old ATI rage LT Pro card which outa be able to handle a flash video lol..

Any help would be appreciated on how i could possibly get this working smooth.

Would terminal services work? I'm not 100% sure how it works, does the app actually execute on the client or on the server? If the work is done on the server i was thinking i could run firefox threw terminal services and possibly that would smooth things out?

both vnc and terminal services update the screen top to botom in blocks, neither are quick enough to view video over.

Back
Top Bottom