We are going to die in May...

Its interesting to say the least.
The fact it will cause something to happen not seen since the Big Bang will be something quite dangerous, and could result in something we don't know of.

Though it does say later on in the article, that he filed suits previously, to just have them denyed, and the machine he was against has been working since 2000 with no problems.

I can't imagine, Spiderman style, (though that was a sun), a black hole getting larger though, and being unable to stop, suddenly, in the middle of the room.

If one was created though, even a pin sized dot would be strong enough to suck all the people in that room into it, and it wouldn't be pretty.

EDIT:

"Scientists say that is very unlikely — though they have done some checking just to make sure."

I feel safe after reading that... :rolleyes:

Well, we dont really know what a black hole actually is do we?... There are theorys, that it basically sucks in all the light, but is that because of a gravitational strentgh? Or something else? Gravity is usually determened by mass and size(cant remember the equation or technicallities) so, how strong will it be? No one really knows what a black hole is or what it can do...
Could be worse then we think, could be hardly anything.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;778357 said:
Were are own worst enemy. This world is going to end at the hand of people experimenting with things like this. Sure they have a bunch of scientists speculating to what the end result may be. How on earth can they have any idea what will happen?

Typical though we invent the nuclear bomb which can destroy the world as we know it. Lets build some more stuff that could potentially destroy the universe. At some point they will succeed and whoever is still alive at the time will die.

Time to move the experiments!! To Mars!! Might end up destroying that too...

Can you imagine that? Bl,ow up the red planet with some sort of a nuclear bomb... Then you can tell your grandkids, "When I was a wee boy, there used to be a red planet up there... Then George Bush came around. And either Grandma had gas, or Bush droped a load, a big nuclear bomb."
And then your grandkid will respond, "A nuclear bomb? Wow, you're old gramps, I saw one of those in the History Museum yesterday, next to the HDTV, and the bluray disk."

Yeah, I got carried away there, lol.

Well, we dont really know what a black hole actually is do we?... There are theorys, that it basically sucks in all the light, but is that because of a gravitational strentgh? Or something else? Gravity is usually determened by mass and size(cant remember the equation or technicallities) so, how strong will it be? No one really knows what a black hole is or what it can do...
Could be worse then we think, could be hardly anything.

Time to move the experiments!! To Mars!! Might end up destroying that too...

Can you imagine that? Bl,ow up the red planet with some sort of a nuclear bomb... Then you can tell your grandkids, "When I was a wee boy, there used to be a red planet up there... Then George Bush came around. And either Grandma had gas, or Bush droped a load, a big nuclear bomb."
And then your grandkid will respond, "A nuclear bomb? Wow, you're old gramps, I saw one of those in the History Museum yesterday, next to the HDTV, and the bluray disk."

Yeah, I got carried away there, lol.

I just think its retarded to full around with stuff that could destroy us. Sure great knowledge could possibly be learned from it but what good is it if it destroys life as we know it in the process.

Quite simply some things are better left to the imagination. IMO this falls into this category until they have a complete understanding of possible repercussions of running the experiment.

i highly doubt any thing bad will happen
but i no one thing a black whole can not suck up the universe.... becouse... well they don't last for ever they eventually evaporate
any way were all doomed unless we find another universe.... demention
as the universe will continue to expand until every thing is stretched and ripped so far that if falls apart

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;778361 said:
I just think its retarded to full around with stuff that could destroy us. Sure great knowledge could possibly be learned from it but what good is it if it destroys life as we know it in the process.

Quite simply some things are better left to the imagination. IMO this falls into this category until they have a complete understanding of possible repercussions of running the experiment.
Yeah, that is a good point.
What is the point of this experiment anyway? What are we trying to learn?
If its a cure for diabetes, I'm cool with it, but if it's not, well then, whats the point?

theres also a theroy that if we reach absolute 0 degrees calvin (somthing like -273c or 459f) that the world would implode or somthing :)

Yea right. They filed a motion in a United States federal court against a collider located in Switzerland. Good luck. :rolleyes:

What if we build a giant cement wall

Seriously, if I new something was headed to the earth, about to kill us all, in like a month or so and it was truely confirmed, i'd spend all my money trying to save myself. I'd build a giant cement shelter like seriously a little room with food and all survival supplies etc and generators, and like 500 foot thick cement would that save me? Cus I cant imagine what could break through that much cement.

theres also a theroy that if we reach absolute 0 degrees calvin (somthing like -273c or 459f) that the world would implode or somthing :)

Absolute zero is the proposed temperature at which all atoms and particles stop moving.

There is no reason why we would ever reach this temperature, and it is impossible to replicate this temperature, due to the fact that there would never be any way to monitor the temperature, or contain it.

But nice try :p

Back
Top Bottom