Troubles!!

reedycpu

Beta member
OK this has been happening for a couple months now..

Lemme start by saying, yes my RAM, video card, and everything is seated properly, as i replaced it all just recently and have checked plenty of times..

My desktop computer restarts when something so much as the cat walks near it, or if im covering up with a blanket by it, or if its bumped, ANYTHING, i just bought a new 450W (from 350) power supply, and its not that..

ive poped off the front panel of the computer where the buttons are, and all cords are still secured with glue.

ive run out of things to check, i have no clue whats wrong with it, or what needs to be replaced anymore..

Some component details would sure help, it would be pure speculation without knowing the details, temperatures etc

It sounds like something simple to me. I don't know about temp. and RAM, I don't see how that would relate in the least. Sounds to me that if the air is charged with any amount of static, your computer reacts. It may not be the bumping that restarts your PC, it may be a discharge of static when you bump it. I myself would worry about my power supply and/or cables. There could be problems you can't see on the outside. I know you said everything is mounted properly, but I would also make sure that the Mother Board is grounded and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom