Google turns the lights out... So should we

The EU's policy on headlights is ridiculous, how much energy is wasted by driving about full blaze, its ludicrous.

how much energy is wasted? none.
The car creates the energy it uses when the engine is running. So unless you use your car battery to power home electronics I don't see how you are wasting electricy by using lights.

I'll do all these small inconvenient things to help once the big countries that keep building the coal power stations and don't invest enough in "greener" power production do their part first. Whats the big deal if some thousands of people turn their tiny bulbs off when the industries don't do a thing :rolleyes: Its not like politicians are going to change a bit just because some bulbs get turned off lets be honest.

The alternator in cars is constantly going, so having your headlights on full does not affect how much gas you use.

And yes, it's A LOT easier to see an incoming car if they have their headlights on.

The resistance generated by the alternate depends on the amount it has to power so headlights = increased resistance

The sun provides plenty of light to see cars in front of you!

so did everyone turn off their lights yesterday. i did for half an hour (i had to compromise with my girlfriend, she was getting annoyed with me annoying her in the dark, it was funny but thats another story lol)

The resistance generated by the alternate depends on the amount it has to power so headlights = increased resistance

The sun provides plenty of light to see cars in front of you!

Yes, the energy isn't free. You're burning a tad more gas to run your headlights.

not to bring up an oldish thread but i actually liked the black google search page alot more than the white mainly becuase it was less strainful on my eyes. so i found this:

http://www.blackle.com/

which is a custom google search site thats all in black and saves on energy and eyes

Back
Top Bottom