whats the big deal

DefCon_!1!

Fully Optimized
since all i know about linux is that its logo is a penguin, i just want some input from the experts :D

whats the big deal about it?

is it better than xp or vista, and y.

and as a hardcore gamer, what benifits are in linux for me.

thnx

Linux is very useful if you want a computer to do specialized jobs (and you want it ONLY for that one job). It's also useful for old pre-1ghz single-core machines (Duron, P3, etc.), because you can run it at full speed and still have brand new software and compatibility. That's really the biggest advantage, with old PC's. With XUbuntu or DSL you can regain all the functionality you had 5-7 years ago with your old machines.

My home server PC for storing important family photos and documents is an ancient Pentium 4 machine with two 64GB SSDs, and it works flawlessly and far more securely than any Microsoft OS. It's been on for over a month and nothing's slowed down or gone wrong.

My dad's Pentium 3 machine uses Ubuntu because all he does is use the internet and watch some video. His desktop only has 2 large icons (there's another feature that Linux has - extreme customization. The icons are massive, and the surrounding looks quite nice), and Firefox loads very fast. Nothing confusing, nothing really unimportant is detailed.

Back
Top Bottom