CD-r and finalizing

zoey

Beta member
I looked around here and I don't see this exact problem( similiar ones but not the exact problem): I had a hp pavillion with XP and I put music and photos on a cd-r disc. Now I have a new hp pavillion with Vista on it. I can not read my cd-r disk on the vista computer. Actually its not one cd its many. They are still readable on the old computer. The new computer reads store bought cds and dvds. I have seen many people having this trouble but no solutions. Also One guy suggested the disks were not finalized is there anyway I can finalized them now with either my old computer or new computer? Anyone able to help? Thanks a lot if you can help.

Usually finalizing is an option you can check off in most burning utilities.

Do you have a different burner you could try on your XP computer so we can eliminate the drive as the problem?

P.S. Welcome to the forum!

I don't believe its the drive. I am seeing where people are saying this is pretty common if you make disks like I do. Apparently you have to have some kind of cd burning program to make cds. I guess using Windows do do it is unreliable for getting cds to run on other computers. Why does that not surprise me about Windows. I found out I can transfer the files from my old computer reading the disks and transferring the information on to my flash drive buts thats going to take a long while! Oh well. Thanks for trying to help.

There's a program called Isobuster that helps read and recover information on CDS if anyone has this problem just google the name of the program and it should show you where to download the program. It basically free. I think there are a few advanced features you have to pay for. However this program is helping me quite a bit. Just posting for future readers.

Back
Top Bottom