World of Warcraft Patch 2.4 = Epic Fail

Thrasher

Daemon Poster
I'm really unimpressed with Blizzard lately, since they made us install the latest patch yesterday morning, there's been all sorts of glitches for 2 days so far. I don't know anything about maintaining servers but they seemed really slow taking action about anything. The PvP Battleground servers randomly shutdown first so I was stuck inside the arena for 30mins and it wouldn't let us logout or exit and then people couldn't get back into them for about 6 hours.

We all noticed really weird lag affecting NPCs and that but then it really got bad, I was in a loading screen for 10mins so by the time the 'zeppelin' got to my destination and loaded, the 'zeppelin' had already turned back towards the other city and went into the loading screen for 10mins. Then I noticed my friend was on it with me too and the ship spawned like in some random map inside the terrain for 15mins and it was frozen.

Day 2 the exact thing is happening again, I haven't noticed anything positive about this patch at all yet, it seems it causes more problems than it fixes. Aren't patches supposed to be well tested prior to being released? It's as if Blizzard are asking 10 million people to let them know what's wrong. Is anyone else frustrated with this?

I didn't really notice anything wrong with 2.4. They did some stuff to mage spells that actually work better for me. Unfortunately, I'm not gonna get to see Quel'Danas for quite some time. No BC..... it sucks..

welcome to my Battlefield 2 life

:)

hahahaha. So true.. so true.

And yes patches are supposed to be tested, and they are always tested. However there will always be bugs. No matter how good the testers are they won't test everything and find every bug since usually there aren't that many testers compared to the amount of players.

But your problems seem to have something to do with the servers performance, which is really damn hard to test. You need stress testing and to do that you need to be able to get the max amount of people on the server. Which usually doesn't happen since there aren't that many testers.

But what did they manage to do to create such a mess? :D Must take some real skills to screw it up that bad.

You should download any updated addons but you still need to tick 'load out of date addons' in the options you can access from the corner of your login screen. Here's some screenshots of me glitching, the server is still having problems but it's bearable.

2.jpg

1-1.jpg

3.jpg

Since the patch, it has been virtually unplayable....yesterday I got killed, respawned and was off to get my body, and I was still being attacked as a ghost......

As soon as I got to my body, I came back, and killed instantly......by absolutely nothing around.

Its filled with glitches and errors..........not a good move

Well, my friend's parents spent a good portion of today playing it, they didn't seem to have any issues.. results may vary?

Since the patch, it has been virtually unplayable....yesterday I got killed, respawned and was off to get my body, and I was still being attacked as a ghost......

As soon as I got to my body, I came back, and killed instantly......by absolutely nothing around.

Its filled with glitches and errors..........not a good move

Yeah, sometimes all the NPCs and monsters would disappear for something like 2-10mins so I was in plenty of fights against an invisible target. Which is hard to work out how to face them but I never got attacked as a ghost, that's crazy.

Well, my friend's parents spent a good portion of today playing it, they didn't seem to have any issues.. results may vary?

Well, I was told basically all the servers world wide were sharing the same problems but this happened mainly Wednesday and Thursday so it's almost settled down by now.

There is the occasional lag that delays things in combat now though, like I pressed charge but my character and the target were both standing still, frozen except still animated, we just couldn't move. Then 2 minutes later he charges and the lag passes, then everyone on general chat is like "OMFG WTF BLIZZARD!?"

This is weird. There are no problems on my server that I have encountered. If anything, my server experienced some improvements with lag and whatnot.

Back
Top Bottom