Wireless Network card question.

mdtajghori

In Runtime
Hi Guys, I've got a netgear WG311 v3 wireless adapter. I am having some problems with the os and want to do a clean install. The problem is the network card manual, it says that I need to install the drivers/software first and then the hardware(the card). Is this step really necessary or can I install the hardware first and then the software(the reason being, my system is under 12 mnth warranty and I can't open the computer case myself).

Thanks...

i don't know this for certain but i would always install the hardware first before the drivers/software. To me it doesn't make sense that the instructions tell you to do the opposite.

Whit most wireless adapters, they suggest installing the drivers first, then the card. But in your case where you are doing a clean install, it will be OK to leave the card in and then install the drivers.

I had a dlink card and that manual also said that we have to install the drivers before the hardware, same with netgear. It is indeed strange.

An all in one printer I bought a while back had me do this. It starts the installation and installs files and drivers, then at a certain point in the installation it asks you to plug in the printer and turn it on, then it finishes the install.

However, I wouldn't know how this would work with a wireless adapter. I have a Linksys wireless g pci adapter and it didn't say anything about that. I have done a clean install of windows and installed the drivers with the card in the slot the whole time and everything worked good. You should be alright.

Back
Top Bottom