Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Review

Neodude112320's Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Review

87953_600--gt5-prologue.jpg

My pre-order for Gran Turismo 5 prologue (From here on in,it will now be known as GT5) came in yesterday,so i picked it up as soon as i could and here is my review.

When you first insert it,you will be required to install it on your hardrive (But you will still need the disc),it only take about 10-15 minutes,after that you are asked if you would like to sign into PS Network,asked to agree to some GT5 online Contract,and then greeted with the opening movie.

The 'my page' menu,is set out quite well,displaying your current car in one of many beutiful landscapes.If you dont touch the controller for about 30 seconds,that menu will go away and show your car and landscape in a stunning 3D Screensaver.

The GUI (Graphical User Interface) Is very easy to pickup,Much better than Gran Turismo 4.It's also very slick.

You start the game with 35,000 CR Which narrows down you options to a small amount of cars such as the Ford Focus '06 ST,Acura Integra R and the mini cooper S Just to name a few.The Cars are sorted via Manufacturer,when you go into a 'show room' you are greeted by 2 of the manufacturers cars (full car list),selected by random.When you find a car you like (There is a car for everyone,there is a nice variety of cars,More than 60!),you are shown around the cars exterior in stunning HD (Providing you have a HD Capable TV).

When you have bought a car,you can now start racing! Unlike the other games in the series,there is no need to gain licenese,instead the raced are sorted by the cars power,A B and C.

When you choose your class,you are shown a list of races you can complete,also missions aswell and time trials.You have to complete certian classes before you can do certain events online.

When you select a race,you are shown a 3d preview of the track,over the top of it is a summary of the starting Grid.

***STARTING NEW POST DUE TO PICTURE LIMIT***

When you start racing you will notice the improved physics engine,i have to admit that this is the BEST Physics and steering engine i have EVER used.The AI Is Also pretty good,smart yet takes risks,which sometimes end up in coming of the track.There can be up to 21 cars in an offline race.There are the normal Camera angles:Behind,Bumper,Roof,but now there is a new camera angle,Cockpit.

Every car has a unique cockipit view,which looks good in any situation.

After you have raced,you might want to watch your replay,in full 1080p it will be in 30FPS,But the Details and quality is second to none,at some camera angles,you would think that you are watching a real race! Although i did notice a few graphical glitches.

Online racing is also a blast,when you want to have an online race,you choose the race you want,and then the system will match you to a Race that matches your skills,and then chooses a Grid position for you that matches your car's performance.

GT-TV Is a really nice feature,although i could not test it fully because there are no videos on there at the moment,it looks like a nice feature.

Only having the game for 24 hours,and only being out for 24 hours,Polyphonic digital have already released a major update for it that fixes stability and graphical issues,so the current GT5 Prolgue version is Spec II.

I Would HIGHLY Recomend this to any racing fan.

Pro's:Awesome Graphics!

Good Variety of cars

Online Mode Rocks

Very Very Very good car sim engine

Con's:

Cant tune cars

Not Enough Tracks

Graphics::eek: (Absolutely Jaw Dropping)
Audio::D
-------------
Overall::D x 1000000000

Tested on a 60gb PS3,Firmware 2.20 on Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Spec II on a (Through HDMI) Panasonic Viera 1080p.

Photo's may appeared pixleated,that isnt the game,its just my camera lol.

Is this available for download through the PSN network yet?

I Didnt know you could get it through PSN,So im not sure.Yeah thats strange,normally games are released in the US before australia,but this time it reverse lol,oh,and you wont be dissapointed :D.

Awesome review, I would buy a PS3 just for this game. It's about time Gran Turismo put an in car camera!

Back
Top Bottom