How can I tell if this site is legit?

Okay so the other day I noticed my gas was dropping rather quick. I pulled it on the pit the other day at work and noticed its leaking around the seam of the tank. So I need a replacment tank.

This was the first site that came up when I googled gas tanks but I'd still like to know if there is a site I can use to see if this is legit or not. They do have a 800 number so that does make me feel better but the sites not that great. Has anyone heard of this company? Its about $40 bucks cheaper than the best I've found local plus its shipped to my house rather than driving to get it.

http://discountgastanks.com/search/

Look at the copyright info. 2003 was the last date. And theres only tanks up to 2000 for Ford models. So, it may have been legit years ago. I doubt this company even exists anymore.

Hmm nice observations guys. Thanks for that quick forum link Lowndsey! +1 to both of you guys! Edit +1 to FlightSimBoy I gotta spread it around for lowndsey though sorry man.

I wasn't sure if there was a online database somewhere that showed the ratings of sites like this or not.

I will call there 800 number tomorrow and see if there open still. I still have not got a email back since I created an account. I didn't enter any personal credit card info though. Just my basic info and junk email address.

Thanks for the rep, Mattie, that put me up to 3 bars.

What kind of car you drive anyway? Hopefully one thats not too rare. You might even want to check a local junkyard (if you have one) if that place isn't open anymore. You never know what you might find.

Thanks for the rep, Mattie, that put me up to 3 bars.

What kind of car you drive anyway? Hopefully one thats not too rare. You might even want to check a local junkyard (if you have one) if that place isn't open anymore. You never know what you might find.

I've already checked the junkyards few new ones but there more than this place. I figured I'd look and see just to humor myself.

My work car is just a Ford Taurus nothing special. I've debated about buying a new one a few times but I'm not sure if its worth the monthly payments.

The site looks legit to me. Just noticed that they misspelled "Acura" as "Accura".....lol

If you're worried about it, just call the 800 number and talk to a person instead of doing your order online.

The site looks legit to me. Just noticed that they misspelled "Acura" as "Accura".....lol

If you're worried about it, just call the 800 number and talk to a person instead of doing your order online.

I guess I'll update you guys. I went ahead and called the number about 30 minutes ago. The guy picked up on the 3rd ring and I asked him a bit about the company.

I ended up placing my order and he said it should arrive in 2 business days. I guess theres not much he can do with my credit card anyways since he doesn't have the CVT number.

Now the fun part will be pulling out the old one and putting the new one in! I'm hoping the fuel pump comes out alright otherwise theres another couple hundred....

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;777560 said:
I guess I'll update you guys. I went ahead and called the number about 30 minutes ago. The guy picked up on the 3rd ring and I asked him a bit about the company.

I ended up placing my order and he said it should arrive in 2 business days. I guess theres not much he can do with my credit card anyways since he doesn't have the CVT number.

Now the fun part will be pulling out the old one and putting the new one in! I'm hoping the fuel pump comes out alright otherwise theres another couple hundred....

Glad it worked out for you, there were some good prices on that site.

Yes, taking out the tank and installing the new one will be the fun part, don't get gas for a few days...lol It'll do you good to buy a can or two of undercoating and spray the tank before you put it in. The fuel pump should be okay coming out as long as you are careful with it.

Glad it worked out for you, there were some good prices on that site.

Yes, taking out the tank and installing the new one will be the fun part, don't get gas for a few days...lol It'll do you good to buy a can or two of undercoating and spray the tank before you put it in. The fuel pump should be okay coming out as long as you are careful with it.

Thanks, my buddy is a certified Ford mechanic and I'll be taking it to there ford shop after hours and put it up on the lift to do. He said there more of a pain as the lines can rust and seize together. I plan on spraying the heck out of the tank before it goes in!

Really I guess its not a huge deal I'll probably end up biting the bullet by the end of the year and buying a new car anyways if something else goes wrong with this one.

Back
Top Bottom