Car Thread!

I was talking about when they first came out with it. I saw the back and stared in awe with a WTF look on my face for like 5 minutes.

I was talking about when they first came out with it. I saw the back and stared in awe with a WTF look on my face for like 5 minutes.

Yeah they are f***in awesome. One of my favorite cars for sure.

I can't make up my mind over the GT-R. I'm not sure if it's just the pictures that aren't doing it justice or what so I would really like to see one in person before I make any judgments.

I can't make up my mind over the GT-R. I'm not sure if it's just the pictures that aren't doing it justice or what so I would really like to see one in person before I make any judgments.

Thats a good call...

Funny how the Z06 is almost 1000lbs lighter but still gets spanked on that track by the GT-R!!!

View this: http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/download/0508_ct_OnTrack.pdf

More info on the track comparison: http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=31&article_id=6591

spanked eh?

the Z06 will kill it in a straight line, and top speed....

Who does anything but straight line racing on the street anyway?

and if ya want something that handles good, get the lotus exige, it handles like a damn go-cart... .

Nothing against the GT-R, I'm just think this forum/bench racing is kinda dumb and hate getting sucked into it.

Ohh and from experience, i drove an Evo (supposed to handle very well) and it did.. and I 03 SVT cobra (not supposed to be that great)... Well the cobra handled better than the Evo.. so i think first hand experience in this sort of thing is a big plus...

LOL no... I was talking about the G35. I absolutely hated it. They took the traditional Skyline design and raped it hard. I was pretty disappointed.

I'm still not quite warmed up to the new one yet either, but it destroys the G35 looks-wise already.

On the topic of the new GT-R and all its new-fangled gadgetry... It's kinda like the Bugatti Veyron to me, I don't like it. It takes the driver out of the equation and is just too fancy for its own good. And it's huge. I suppose I'm a purist, but I'll take the Exige S or Caterham CSR260, even when they only top out at a measly +/-150 mph.

spanked eh?

the Z06 will kill it in a straight line, and top speed....

Who does anything but straight line racing on the street anyway?

and if ya want something that handles good, get the lotus exige, it handles like a damn go-cart... .

Nothing against the GT-R, I'm just think this forum/bench racing is kinda dumb and hate getting sucked into it.

Ohh and from experience, i drove an Evo (supposed to handle very well) and it did.. and I 03 SVT cobra (not supposed to be that great)... Well the cobra handled better than the Evo.. so i think first hand experience in this sort of thing is a big plus...

Ok, you really are smoking something on your end... no way in hell a cobra would handle better than an EVO. AND I hate EVO's but lets be real here.

Another point you're lost, is by looking at this: http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/download/0508_ct_GTRZ06911_chart.pdf the Z06 didnt go anywhere near killing the GT-R in a straight line buddy! And YES, the 911 and Z06 got SPANKED on that track! If you know anything about racing, a 4 second faster lap time is A LOT!!!!

Ok, you really are smoking something on your end... no way in hell a cobra would handle better than an EVO. AND I hate EVO's but lets be real here.

Another point you're lost, is by looking at this: http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/download/0508_ct_GTRZ06911_chart.pdf the Z06 didnt go anywhere near killing the GT-R in a straight line buddy! And YES, the 911 and Z06 got SPANKED on that track! If you know anything about racing, a 4 second faster lap time is A LOT!!!!

Alright, have you drove either car? I have.. I'm telling you from first hand experience... I'm not biased either.. I'm just telling you what i experienced...

The cobra handled just as well if not better than the evo..

ohh and if you know anything about drag racing, .7 second difference is a HUGE difference i'n the quarter....

Back
Top Bottom