Vista sound help

Chinny4290

Baseband Member
Hey guys.

Ok I'm having an issue.

I'm tinkering with Vista because I had an extra HD laying around and decided to give it a go.

So everything works...well not exactly.

Here are my quick comp stats:
Running Vista 32 Ultimate
Mobo: ASUS A8N-SLi Deluxe S939
CPU: AMD x2 4200
Sound Card: Auzentech X-Plosion 7.1 (Great card BTW)

Here's my issue.

I cannot get my audio playback to be encoded to 5.1. My computer is connected via SPDIF/Optical Toslink to my Sony Receiver which is set up for 5.1 digital surround.

But here's the interesting thing. I set all the speaker configs to 5.1 surround etc etc. I also go through Auzentech's program to set it so that SPDIF is working and going out. All is green across the board and even my receiver recognizes the DTS or Dolby Signal as 5.1

When I run the Vista test wizard I hear sound from all 5.1 speakers. DVD playback works as it's supposed to. But i can't MP3 or any other sound to play in 5.1 (have yet to try games).

On XP, this works fully 100%. But on Vista, when I play music on iTunes or WMP, it sounds like its getting just a 2.1 or stereo signal, yet the receiver says it's getting the DTS or Dolby signal it's supposed to get.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Drivers are bang up to date. I disabled my onboard through my BIOS.

And still can't get it to work. HELP ANYONE?

Hm, download media player classic and see if that works. If it's just wmp and itunes that doesn't work, maybe mpc will...

Back
Top Bottom