anyone running 45nm procs yet? my new rig inside!

Very nice, what temps are you getting at idle ? What were your temps at stock?

My E3110 arrived yesterday but when I went to get my MX-2 the tube was empty, no one in town stocks MX-2 so I had to order some online, I hope it gets here before the weekend.

On the subject of TIM, I ordered Tuniq TX-2, Arctic MX-2 and Noctua NT-H1 so I can judge which is best for myself instead of relying on reviews.

temps at 36 deg idle maxes out around 45-46 under the superpi 32m load. haha i don't know what the temps are stock because this cpu has never run in a windows environment at stock clocks. :p

OK, thanks for that, it seems to be the way everyone is going with these cpus, straight to 4+ GHz.

Have you heard/read anything relating to electrical migration with these chips causing a high failure rate when overclocked? I've seen it mentioned but have yet to see any hard proof.

OK, thanks for that, it seems to be the way everyone is going with these cpus, straight to 4+ GHz.

Have you heard/read anything relating to electrical migration with these chips causing a high failure rate when overclocked? I've seen it mentioned but have yet to see any hard proof.
i haven't read up on anything about that yet. i'll research it further though.
I've got mine at 3.78Ghz, stupid FSB wall on my mobo.
if you're stuck just make a 10-25mhz jump and see if it will boot.

Nice, except I prefer ATX mobos in ATX cases... Gives you more PCI-e and PCI slots if you need them and looks better in a window case. You got that blank spot at the bottom of the case. If I got a window case I would also get an ATX mobo, just me though.

EDIT: I have the case you got in the background. Cooler Master Elite 330.

Nice, except I prefer ATX mobos in ATX cases... Gives you more PCI-e and PCI slots if you need them and looks better in a window case. You got that blank spot at the bottom of the case. If I got a window case I would also get an ATX mobo, just me though.

EDIT: I have the case you got in the background. Cooler Master Elite 330.

i'm not that picky, performance > looks. i knew for a fact that this board would take this processor past 4ghz, plus if i wanted to throw it in an HTPC case laster on with a different processor i could. i don't need any of that extra crap all i need is my vid card and post code card.

Show me an Intel processor that can compare with the $85 5000+ X2 black edition. Show me something that compares with the Phenom which is under $200. Show me a better multi-GPU technology which scales better than CrossfireX. And last, think of an Intel monopoly.

microcenter has g0 Q6600's for 199.99 no rebates. crossfireX is quite impressive but i was referring to processors... the problem with the 5000+ black edition is that i don't mind spending some extra money on a processor that's actually worth it. my E6400 is over 2 years old and with it's crippling 2mb of cache and "slow" 1066fsb it'll still hand the black edition processor it's ass on a silver platter. i'm all about straight up processor performance, as soon as AMD can give me a processor that will do even 13s SuperPi 1M out of the box, i'll start looking their way.

Intel is all about great performance.

But amd is really nice if you want to build somebody a cheap computer that can play most games.

Intel is all about great performance.

But amd is really nice if you want to build somebody a cheap computer that can play most games.
i agree with you completely... i'm all about benchmarking and that's why i'm pretty much a brand whore. i don't have any problem building an amd rig for a customer, because if that's what he wants to spend his cash on then i'll be happy to oblige. i just wouldn't get an amd proc myself.

heheh yeah... but ya know.. $20 for an AMD 3200+ in a computer that just holds files all day... yeah, score. :p If I shoved more ram and a better gpu in there, it could play ut2004 and css quite well.

Back
Top Bottom