9800gx2

I wish I had that kind of money to spend but at least my rig wins in price to performance:p . It cost £700 and yours only performs 24% better in 3DMark06. It feels good to know you got a good deal:) . Please don't post your overclocked score though:eek: .

ahhh thats so sweet
totally gelous

I wish I had that kind of money to spend but at least my rig wins in price to performance:p . It cost £700 and yours only performs 16% better in 3DMark06. It feels good to know you got a good deal:) . Please don't post your overclocked score though:eek: .

he got 25% faster then you , but if he posted overclock it would be like 25,000 haha
but it would have costed like $4000

You're right, where the hell did I get that from. Oh well, I've got a feeling it cost a bit more than mine did.

lol proberly triple the cost of yours

(lol wtf is wrong with firefox's dictionary i spelt proberly "porberly" and one of the suggestions is "Kimberly's ")

80% of the time i'd say the QX9650 really isn't worth it. But at my job, 1080p video rendering is important, as well as rendering and modeling 3-D imagery, and its really the only place where components like the 12MB cache and 2.3GB of Video RAM really shine.

If you really want a good gaming system with some proper value, look at Rogue. Core2Quad's are incredibly stable when overclocked and they're excellent for most CPU-intensive things (like audio/video editing and encoding and such).

I just wouldn't recommend it for RENDERING models in 1080p models with thousands of textures and tons of geometric information with extremely intricate lighting, shaders, shadows, and HDR in them because its insanely hardware-intensive, and its really the only time when something as extravagant as a QX9650 is really necessary.

Eh? The QX9650 is also a quad, and I do a lot of 3D work and have no problems while rendering on my Q6600 overclocked.
I guess we all don't have thousands to spend...

its not a C2Q though, its a C2X. The circumstances are probably a little different, because i've tried doing some of the work on Rogue and its a little sluggish.

And I chose the 3 GeForce's over a Quadro because i'm a gamer, and those aren't so good for gaming. We have a system at work that uses a quadro, and I only use the Aquos for when i'm home and have work, or when i'm playing something.

Back
Top Bottom