Car Thread!

To be honest, I think the GT-R is way overhyped. The ATTESA drivetrain system is great, if not revolutionary (personally I like Quattro more), but the GT-R is too video game like. Theres so much technology that it just doesn't seem like you're driving the car...it's like the car is doing it for you, but you're just guiding it along. It should be the other way around.

Another thing I dislike about the GT-R is what Nissan has done to it. The whole GPS/ECU track unlocking thing in Japan is just completely retarded. If you're going to limit the speed of a car, then why give it so much power to begin with? Also, why the hell are there tire sensors? If you ever remove the stock GT-R wheels, the ECU gives you errors for removing the wheels cause each wheel has a sensor in the wheel, basically forcing you to use Nissan approved wheels. Nissan = FAIL.

Heh and I imagine all the tuning companies are gonna have a reallll fun time with the GT-R. Mine's (a tuning company from Japan) tried making their own custom headers for the car and after installing them, the ECU went completely haywire because everything is electronically linked. :p

All I can say is that you won't be gaining any fans this way Nissan. ;) I predict the GT-R will fail miserably in North America. It's got the performance and power, but most of the people who have heard of it are the Gran Turismo/PlayStation types who can't even afford the car. The GT-R just doesn't have the pedigree of say...the Porsche 911 or BMW M3. Everyone has heard of and knows of those cars and their reputation, but if you just tell people that you drive a supercar-like Nissan, people will just be like "Nissan makes supercars?! NO WAIIIII! YOU LIE!"

Which International Auto Show? San Francisco? San Jose. I was at both...I think I recall that Z06. :D Yeah...they blocked off the GT-R though. I was gonna go up to the Nissan representative and ask if I could sit in it since I wore my "I Am The Stig" shirt that day. Too bad my friends were in a hurry...

Yeah it is really hyped because it is finally coming to America. Attesa has always been in the skylines and I personally would prefer over the Quattro. It is not mechanical like the other previous systems it uses sensors now. The technology of the car is what makes me say "wow what a car". I mean you can monitor everything thats happening to your car. The sensor thing is not new, basically you would have to transfer those sensors if you get new wheels for the car. Believe me I know what im talking about my car has tire pressure sensors on the wheels, It would have been more convenient to have placed them in the discs like newer versions of my car.

Just give the car time to develop aftermarket parts, although I do see your point with all the gadgets it has. Maybe bigger turbos or more boost, who knows maybe making it lighter.

Not really people have been waiting this car for years now. Pedigree?? I don't really care if I had a GTR I would keep it without the pedigree but in the end it still smokes cars that have "Pedigree" and are way expensive. Thats the true beauty of the GTR, although I agree they made the car more flashy. Enthusiasts should know what the GTR is. Its more of mainstream that recognizes cars like Porsche and the M series, im sure you would have better chances of picking up a chicks with a Porsche than a GTR :p

Yeah, but thats the thing...not everyone is a enthusiast. Nissan just doesn't have the presence that Porsche or BMW has in terms of fast high-performance cars.

Sorry if I'm going a bit Top Gear, but I wouldn't pay $60-70,000 for a Nissan. Even if it is the GT-R, you're still driving a Nissan...a company that is half owned by Renault. If you're a petrol head, you would know that most French cars are rubbish. Hell, even Renault is eating crap this year in F1, despite the efforts of two-time World Champion Fernando Alonso. But, if you're paying $50-60,000 for a BMW M3 or more for a Porsche 911 Turbo, you're still driving a BMW and Porsche. Brand name has a lot of presence and power...

But, whatever. The GT-R is a engineering marvel, pure automotive brilliance, but I still think it's way over hyped and overrated. You want awesome? Gimme the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1. :D As for the GT-R's Nurburgring lap time...I don't know...I've heard rumors that they were using racing slicks and that they did indeed modify the prototype to get more performance for the time attack.

I'm waiting for the ZR1's time attack lap though. I have a feeling that it might demolish the GT-R's time. :)

Yeah, but thats the thing...not everyone is a enthusiast. Nissan just doesn't have the presence that Porsche or BMW has in terms of fast high-performance cars.

Sorry if I'm going a bit Top Gear, but I wouldn't pay $60-70,000 for a Nissan. Even if it is the GT-R, you're still driving a Nissan...a company that is half owned by Renault. If you're a petrol head, you would know that most French cars are rubbish. Hell, even Renault is eating crap this year in F1, despite the efforts of two-time World Champion Fernando Alonso. But, if you're paying $50-60,000 for a BMW M3 or more for a Porsche 911 Turbo, you're still driving a BMW and Porsche. Brand name has a lot of presence and power...

But, whatever. The GT-R is a engineering marvel, pure automotive brilliance, but I still think it's way over hyped and overrated. You want awesome? Gimme the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1. :D As for the GT-R's Nurburgring lap time...I don't know...I've heard rumors that they were using racing slicks and that they did indeed modify the prototype to get more performance for the time attack.

I'm waiting for the ZR1's time attack lap though. I have a feeling that it might demolish the GT-R's time. :)

Well yeah there more classy cars, the GTR just has the whole package for me looks sick (once you the GTR in person it looks different), fast, cheap and reliable VQ engine is a very good platform. I do agree Corvette ZR1 looks sick too, we will just have to see the time attack, and it is going to be more expensive. It will be more light than the GTR (about 3800lbs) the ZR1(about 3300lbs)

Haha, I've seen the GT-R in person. It's alright...looks like the R34 and the 350Z had sex and this was the result...

Haha, I've seen the GT-R in person. It's alright...looks like the R34 and the 350Z had sex and this was the result...

hahhaa I totally agree with ya there!

I've seen it too

And I also agree with you on the ZR1, that is going to be a car that destroys all......

Seriously... And even its modding potential is going to be crazy with an engine that big ( 6.2 L ) built for boost from the factory....

I can just see people, pulling the SC off that and strapping on Massive Single Turbos....

:)

Here is me and the skyline (i'm in the back)

skylinevc1.jpg

hahhaa I totally agree with ya there!

I've seen it too

And I also agree with you on the ZR1, that is going to be a car that destroys all......

Seriously... And even its modding potential is going to be crazy with an engine that big ( 6.2 L ) built for boost from the factory....

I can just see people, pulling the SC off that and strapping on Massive Single Turbos....

:)

Here is me and the skyline (i'm in the back)

skylinevc1.jpg

Do you know how many psi is going to be pushing stock?

Didnt you just wanted to jumop and hump it? Haha JK I do agree 350Z with R34 with some G35 too.

It looks like a shoe from that angle. :rolleyes:

I still prefer the beastly look and the (relative) simplicity of the R34. I'm also still mad about the tail light change on the G35, but at least they kinda halfway got them right on the new GT-R.

It looks like a shoe from that angle. :rolleyes:

I still prefer the beastly look and the (relative) simplicity of the R34. I'm also still mad about the tail light change on the G35, but at least they kinda halfway got them right on the new GT-R.

The G35 isnt made anymore its now replaced with the G37. Well the new G35 only comes in Sedan now. The new coupe is the G37.

Back
Top Bottom