Which hard drive would you chose

I have two Western Digital HDDs that worked with two different computers for a few years with no problems. I wont pretend to be a a HD genius, but I can tell you that my experience with WD has been great.

Owned 3 brand new Western Digitals without any problems. Completely silent operation. Had a used 120GB one that had a bit of noise, but nothing major, works great still. All WDs I have work nice and fast with not a sound. newer WDs I've had: 160GB SATA, 320GB SATA, 80GB IDE, 120GB IDE. I've had countless older WD HDDs, some crapped out from old age, some still work fine.

My brother had a new Seagate 200GB SATA. It was the loudest thing in his system, to top it off it chirped now and then as well... It was ok on speed at first, but got noticeably slower as it got older. On the other hand, I got a used 160GB Seagate IDE drive that is nice and fast and silent... Had so many old Seagates, probably more good old ones than WD, but some still crapped out from old age.

Never had a Samsung.

Will forever stay away from Maxtor...

To pick one brand, Western Digital all the way.

All these dirves are good. The Seagate has a 32mb cache which would be my choice. Western Digital, Maxtor and Seagate all have great product support and RMA service!! Samsung? No clue.:D

Well I do not know a lot about HD`s But I do know in most cases Western Digital is the best out there. And from what i know I would choose western Digital.

That's horrible advice to give to a person. You shouldn't use brand to determine the overall quality of a product. You need to compare specifications and find what other users have to say about that specific model.

i have that samsung hdd in 500 gb i dont no about the other brands but i can tell you that the Samsung is great

i have that samsung hdd in 500 gb i dont no about the other brands but i can tell you that the Samsung is great

I would confirm that. I think me and Cryman have the same drive and mine works perfectly. 3 year parts and labor warranty.

Back
Top Bottom