Taskbar unable to unlock & is double tall

BrianS

In Runtime
ok, a little confusing but, I left for the weekend and when I came back my taskbar (all the way from the start button to the clock) is now 2 rows tall.
It basically looks like below (the time is obviously all the way to the right):
Start 8:39am

There are 2 rows for programs to be and I really want to get it back to 1 row the way it should be. Can someone help me out on this?

If you right click on the task bar what are the options that you have. Do you have one for "Lock the toolbar". If so the click it so that there isn't a check mark. There will be a bar that appears on top of the task bar. click on that and drag it down so that there is only one row.

That should work. Let us know if anything is different.

Cheers!

I have unchecked the "lock task bar" and I can move it down, but it is either 2 rows tall or hidden on the screen completely.

never mind. a co worker figured it out for me. The quick launch bar had been dragged to make it the entire width of the screen, so when a program was opened, it had to make an extra row. It is fixed by just clicking on the edge of the bar and reducing the size.

I feel like a dope. lol

The Taskbar can be sized or moved with the mouse.
Right click to Unlock it and use the mouse "bar" ,not pointer at the edge.Then lock it.

Back
Top Bottom