Car Thread!

what does gas cost in Edmonton? I don't think it's as nearly as bad as it is in the UK.

I believe it's 108.4. Not too familiar with how Canada does their gas prices, but thats what I saw on the board when I was back in Edmonton last week.

Stock C6's Z06s have done 10's in the quarter with slicks.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttO4gIlyq6E

whats up?

And if thats not enough for you i have 2 words..

Blue Devil....

There really hand to hand in the straight-line, the GTR only gets better 0-60 time because of its launch control. But put corners on that baby and it will leave the Z06 in the dust. Attesa AWD is pure technology that car teaches you. Yeah Blue Devil is freaking fast but that's a different price range, thats what I love of the GTR it kills supercars with just 70grand. Well as a matter of fact all skylines have been know for being relatively cheap and fast. I am reading that there gonna make a V-Spec version of it.

Yea they only have SUV hybrids out.
2008_escape_hybrid.jpg

It is a hybrid and I think it looks pretty nice!

There really hand to hand in the straight-line, the GTR only gets better 0-60 time because of its launch control. But put corners on that baby and it will leave the Z06 in the dust. Attesa AWD is pure technology that car teaches you. Yeah Blue Devil is freaking fast but that's a different price range, thats what I love of the GTR it kills supercars with just 70grand. Well as a matter of fact all skylines have been know for being relatively cheap and fast. I am reading that there gonna make a V-Spec version of it.

It will be interesting to see these two go head to head when the car comes out this summer.....

as far as track and straight line ect...

The Z06 is light car coming in around 3100 lbs.... That aluminum frame makes it one nimble car, I have high hopes for it..

I think i look pretty good in it? what do you say?

z06uk1.jpg

It will be interesting to see these two go head to head when the car comes out this summer.....

as far as track and straight line ect...

The Z06 is light car coming in around 3100 lbs.... That aluminum frame makes it one nimble car, I have high hopes for it..

I think i look pretty good in it? what do you say?

z06uk1.jpg

Hahaha looking good! Wanna take me for a spin! Im not hating on the corvette tho. I saw a sick one the other day. I was going to my uncle's house so I tok a different route and cruised down through the "Mile of cars" its a mile where all the dealers are located here in San Diego. When I got in a red light a orange corvette pulls next to me, some asian dude was driving it which is odd since you usually see asians with imports. I was checking it and it looked all stock, I had teh music kinda high so I turned it down I let him take off first and I noticed the A-Pillar had some gauges. I said wtf and as I turn my music down (only had the sunroof open) I can hear a turbo spool he wasnt really pushing the car he was cruising too. It sounded badass, and I think he had an aftermarket exhaust. I mean a V8 turboed i think he could be pushing 500hp+ on that thing. Not sure if it was a Z06 or base model tho, but I was surprised and it sounded awesome and he didnt even accelerated.

Was that pic the international Auto show? It was here in Jan, it was awesome too bad I couldnt get inside the GTR :( You still have your Talon or Eclipse? Im not sure which car was.

To be honest, I think the GT-R is way overhyped. The ATTESA drivetrain system is great, if not revolutionary (personally I like Quattro more), but the GT-R is too video game like. Theres so much technology that it just doesn't seem like you're driving the car...it's like the car is doing it for you, but you're just guiding it along. It should be the other way around.

Another thing I dislike about the GT-R is what Nissan has done to it. The whole GPS/ECU track unlocking thing in Japan is just completely retarded. If you're going to limit the speed of a car, then why give it so much power to begin with? Also, why the hell are there tire sensors? If you ever remove the stock GT-R wheels, the ECU gives you errors for removing the wheels cause each wheel has a sensor in the wheel, basically forcing you to use Nissan approved wheels. Nissan = FAIL.

Heh and I imagine all the tuning companies are gonna have a reallll fun time with the GT-R. Mine's (a tuning company from Japan) tried making their own custom headers for the car and after installing them, the ECU went completely haywire because everything is electronically linked. :p

All I can say is that you won't be gaining any fans this way Nissan. ;) I predict the GT-R will fail miserably in North America. It's got the performance and power, but most of the people who have heard of it are the Gran Turismo/PlayStation types who can't even afford the car. The GT-R just doesn't have the pedigree of say...the Porsche 911 or BMW M3. Everyone has heard of and knows of those cars and their reputation, but if you just tell people that you drive a supercar-like Nissan, people will just be like "Nissan makes supercars?! NO WAIIIII! YOU LIE!"

Hahaha looking good! Wanna take me for a spin! Im not hating on the corvette tho. I saw a sick one the other day. I was going to my uncle's house so I tok a different route and cruised down through the "Mile of cars" its a mile where all the dealers are located here in San Diego. When I got in a red light a orange corvette pulls next to me, some asian dude was driving it which is odd since you usually see asians with imports. I was checking it and it looked all stock, I had teh music kinda high so I turned it down I let him take off first and I noticed the A-Pillar had some gauges. I said wtf and as I turn my music down (only had the sunroof open) I can hear a turbo spool he wasnt really pushing the car he was cruising too. It sounded badass, and I think he had an aftermarket exhaust. I mean a V8 turboed i think he could be pushing 500hp+ on that thing. Not sure if it was a Z06 or base model tho, but I was surprised and it sounded awesome and he didnt even accelerated.

Was that pic the international Auto show? It was here in Jan, it was awesome too bad I couldnt get inside the GTR :( You still have your Talon or Eclipse? Im not sure which car was.

Which International Auto Show? San Francisco? San Jose. I was at both...I think I recall that Z06. :D Yeah...they blocked off the GT-R though. I was gonna go up to the Nissan representative and ask if I could sit in it since I wore my "I Am The Stig" shirt that day. Too bad my friends were in a hurry...

Yeah, the GT-R has way too many electronic doo-hickeys in it for me. The R34 is my favorite Skyline.

Back
Top Bottom