1 Word Posts

same

j.k yeah this does get on my nerves to, so people can we stop doing it!??!

This is a tough argument. It really depends on the situation. Let's assume the post above was the dumbest thing one could have said (not saying it is). Knowing myself pretty well, I would have answered it with something like this:

"wow..."

Now after that I could maybe go back to the topic of the thread or change it, which I know it's against the rules but it happens. So, maybe returning to topic or adding meaningful insight to a post wouldn't be a bad idea.

Additionally, you sometimes have that one word answer that adds some humor. And as long as it adds to the thread, and it's not a wasted "lol", I think 1 word replies are fine.

This is a toughie. In some cases one word replies are ok. What if you are answering a yes/no question? Also like Joga pointed out, sometimes after reading a supid post one word is all you can say.

Now if every post you made was one word, like georgie's famous "lol" or "yeah" comments, then there is an issue. If not, hell, it happens.

i dont think it should be a rule , cos in some situtations one word posts are all that is needed and if people do it occasionaly its fine but its when people do it all the time it gets annoying , in most cases mods deal with this though , and rather than having a rule about this if people do it all the time just PM a mod and tell them
most of us have common sense and know what we are doing and realise that posting one word replies all the time gets annoying and just looks stupid so we dont do it all the time

I do agree for the lazy posters. But sometimes one smile is all what you can say. I think that this issue must be moderated.

Yea for one maybe two post. But when a person constantly does it, it is recognized as spam.

yeah then that would be a person tring to get more post counts, sometimes it should be allowed bnut if its repeated then yeah.

One word answers are very annoying and I agree should not be allowed and I would start off with "BUMP" this word crops up allot especially by new members who are inpatient for thread replies.

One word answers are very annoying and I agree should not be allowed and I would start off with "BUMP" this word crops up allot especially by new members who are inpatient for thread replies.

Yeah, but to an extent most of the bumps are legal as they are nice enough to wait a day. It's the bumps after an hour or three that really annoy me.

Back
Top Bottom