Input-Customizable Document Production

aphex_12

Beta member
Hello!

New to this forum. Sorry if this is in the wrong folder, subfolder, etc. (but I don't think it is).

I work in the Electrical Contracting industry and was wondering if there is a program/app out there that will create documents (Word .doc's, specifically) by simply selecting a few choices from drop-down menus and miscellaneous text additions. Specifically, for proposals/bids/quotes. If I were to bid on an upcoming project, all I would have to do is open the program, select the client, select the specific contact information at that particular client's location, input the total dollar amount, the project title and location, and maybe a couple additional varying details that I could manually input regarding what the bid is based on, and from there would create a Word document (our proposal) that would be in the form of a formal business letter, complete with our official letterhead, that we could then print out, fax to that client, and file in our system. For example, you could choose the client name, location, and contact info from a drop-down menu. Then you could manually input the job title, location, dollar amount quote, specifications, etc. in location-specific "text boxes" on the page.

This might take some time to set up in the beginning, but would eventually save us a huge amount of time in the end! Right now, we go open up old documents, change all the specific info manually, and save as under the new name...every time! A huge time-consumer. We usually deal with the same large amount of clients in our area that it would seem ideal to utilize some sort of program like this. I've heard about MS Access and some others, but I'm honestly not very familiar with them.

Thank you for reading and thank you in advance for your responses! Much appreciated!

D.

Sounds like somethign that could be done with Excel and the VB extension in it, but I"m not exactly sure how it would work.

Back
Top Bottom