This world

AmericanSensei

Daemon Poster
Has really gone to hell. I was out doing some running around and driving conditions were great, or so I thought. I was coming down a slight decline of a street and traffic was almost at a standstill and I couldn't figure out, Nor see ahead to see what was causing it. I would wager there were about 20 cars ahead of me, 2 lanes, Me being in the right lane. As I got closer to the intersection I saw an older man, Mid 40's laying on the ground next to a few large bags of his, as well as his now folded up wheelchair, which were partially blocking the right lane so people were swerving to avoid him. I was FUMING Hot Pissed that noone even thought to pull over and help this man out. Well I did, As well as piss off everyone behind me because I thought it would be appropriate to block the lane. As I assisted the guy, What tore me up even more is the fact that this man couldn't get up if he wanted to after the impact as well as his current health and weight conditions, So he would of just layed there. From the looks of it, His wheelchair got too much downhill speed and momentum and he didn't have any time to react to the pothole that lied in his path, So he ate it pretty good. Had a concussion and cut to his forehead. Long story short, I loaded all his stuff into my truck and drove him to Memorial a few miles away.

I pray to God that I never get hurt or need someones assistance, Because it seems like all those people are gone.

Beautiful.

That is a very inspiring story man. I can't say that I would have done that. You just went up a couple places in my book. I try to help out as much as I can, especially with elder people which I'm fond of. I mean, elderly people are fragile and what-not, but I think it is no less than one's duty to help them out. They are people who have contributed to their respective countries, no matter how little or great, they should be respected and helped out. Man, I'm really impressed by this.

+5.

it's true, aside from your closest friends and family you are on your own. No body cares about anyone but themselves anymore. It's very rare that you see someone helping out in a way that doesn't benefit themselves. Nothing is selfless anymore. Yet, I feel that we are left without a choice. Living now days has turned into a rat race where if you don't think about your self first you get chewed out over it and end having to pick up the pieces to pull yourself back together. I really can't stand it.

Sadly AmericanSensei I'm afraid your right...folks just are becoming more and more caught up in their lives, focused on completing their tasks for the day, trying to get it done as fast and efficient as possible but by doing so sadly alot of people fail to see and take advantage of the opportunity to help people.

Granted, not everyone is like the folks who failed to stop though. Your thread reminds me of the parable of the Good Samaritan mentioned in the Gospel of Luke, it's nice to know there are still men and women who DO take the time to stop and help for the sake of that...to help. As a firefighter I've responded to car wrecks that have just happened only to find complete strangers who have already stopped to help, some going so far as offering to carry the injured to the hospital or help me direct traffic. I've even had hunters come out the woods to help:p

Good people are still out there, but sadly those kinds of people, people like yourself are becoming few and far between.

wow. I find it hard to believe that no one had stopped to help before you came. But it's good that you did! :)

It's really sad what our world is like. There are so many people in this world, yet they aren't willing to help one another.

wow. I find it hard to believe that no one had stopped to help before you came. But it's good that you did! :)

That's America for you. There have been times I will be wrestling suspects to the ground, and it's at times a struggle, Yet car after car drive by at maybe 3mph to watch, But remain in their vehicles. I can guarantee you many of those vehicles that passed were probly thinking. A. He just fell, He'll get up and be on his way. B. They want to help, But again, They don't know what they could be getting themselves into either dealing with the individual. or C. Haha, That jackass fell off his wheelchair. It's a sad reality, It really is.

And your right Ahyoka...

Maybe a month or so ago I took my girlfriend to the Mall and while we were on our way out, We noticed an old man in his 80's I'd say and he was walking slower than malasis, I felt bad for the guy, But he couldn't find his car, He had forgot where he parked it. People on their way into the mall would watch and laugh at the guy because he can't find his car, But there was one kid. Surprised the hell out of me. I would put the kid at 18. He actually took quite a bit of time out of his day to help this man find his car.

AmericanSensei, we need more people like you in this country. It's sad when the only people that seem to care about people are those who work in hospice care facilities. What are we coming to?

Back
Top Bottom