Wifi Help!ahhhh!ahhh!

Comps Broke

Beta member
I recently had to re-install windows which deleted the program that picks up wireless signals, pretty sure it was atheros something, I have a acer aspire series 3050 and I went to the site and downloaded the wifi program thing. Usally I would go to start and there would be an option of connect to, then would show a wireless connection but the connect to option isnt even there. Also the wifi switch wont flash or light up. need some help ASAP.
Thanks

You would get better help @ the Networking part of the forums. I'll see if I can give you some aid though. When you reformatted your laptop, did you use the Recovery Disc that came with the laptop or another disc? It is very important that you use and install windows from the Recovery Disc as it also installs the software that you need to run all your hardware smoothly. Additionally, the Acer I own came with Application CDs to install other software that were not installed with the Recovery Discs.

Go to acer's site and download the wireless drivers. I know you said you downloaded the program, but in some cases the program and driver come separate.

Also, you man need to try more than one driver as acer likes to have more than one hardware setup for the same model (different chipsets and/or wireless etc).

Back
Top Bottom