Solid State Member
Helllpppp!!!!!

i bought a computer 2 weeks ago

AMD athlon64 5600+
Asus M2NE NF570 Motherboard
2Gigs of ram
500GB hard drive
Geforce 8500GT 512mb

and when i try to play newer games such as Rise of Legends, or flight simulator X the game seems to run fine but then they freeze ten minutes in. But games such as Half Life 2 or CS all work perfectly fine and dont freeze. I took it to the shop where i got it and they said nothing was wrong for them, and I went home to try it again and it still freezes and now im at the point where i am very pissed off. Is there any way i could fix this problem?

Well first get rid of Flight Simulator. They should stop making them unless your computer can hold like a 10gig game. That game is a major reason why my computer is still slow. But It never freezed up when I played it.

any cooling issues...? cpu or video card (I throw in video card because I don't know how hot 8500GTs get)...

Well first get rid of Flight Simulator. They should stop making them unless your computer can hold like a 10gig game. That game is a major reason why my computer is still slow. But It never freezed up when I played it.

That doesn't help at all. He wants to play Flight Simulator, so he shouldn't be taking it off, anyways I'm sure he has plenty of free room with a 500GB hard drive.

I bet your video card is overheating. In ntune control panel see what temp its at.

Re: Helllpppp!!!!!

Geforce 8500GT 512mb
The card is weak, that could be your freezing problem. How are your temperatures? (cpu and gpu)

If the pc is new then it should still be covered by warranty, take it back to the vendor and request that they fix it.

Re: Helllpppp!!!!!

How the hell does that help him? He wants to play the game. Look at his hard drive size, I don't think a 10GB game is too big.

If the pc is new then it should still be covered by warranty, take it back to the vendor and request that they fix it.

He said he tried that and they couldn't find anything.

Try lowering graphics in the games that cause issues. Like it was said before, your video card isn't very strong and could be freaking out at your settings.

have you tried reinstalling the games? Or check the discs dont have any scratches.

Back
Top Bottom