Random Chit Chat #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Called 911? She needs to know what to do! And that is not it... If he went too low, she needs to give him the gucagon pen... If you talk to her, ask if she has one of those around the house for him. I have never gone so low that I have passed out, I've been 26 and in the 30s a couple times, but she needs to give him the shot for suger when he is low, then call 911. And most likely, by the time they arrive he will be awake to greet them at the door. Otherwise, it just takes minutes depending how much insulin is on board for him to drop too low...

Scares me when I hear stories like this about diabetes, because I know one day, that will probably be me... But I think with modern tech, I should be ok... I hope...

I think the reason she called 911 was he always has high sugar, because he eats alot of things he ought not eat. my best friend is diabetic as well, he has given me alot of insight into the disease. When he went to the hospital because he was sick and discovered he was diabetic he said his sugar was 900 and something, nurse told him he very lucky to be alive. Anywho, part of the reason she called 911 is she doesn't know much about the disease and he was almost unconscious, she and her father don't get along and she rarely sees him. Also since he has no legs it was hard for her to get him up to feed him.

I feel bad for saying this but, for a no legged man he is pretty damn heavy. One day a neighbor was carrying him to a doctors appointment, as he was trying to slide into his car one of his wheelchair brakes slipped and he fell. My neighbor who was carrying him to the doctor tried to pick him up and couldn't, he called my house and asked if I could help him get him off the ground. I got there and it took both of us about 5 minutes to to lift him up, he seriously weighs around 180-200 pounds, he has lost some weight though. He was a very portly man before he lost his legs, at around 350-400 pounds.

Do you guys ever get low on water and you have to conserve it?

Oh yeah, so far we've already gotten over a dozen inches of rain this year. But over the past 5 years we have had one of the worst drought's in our States history. Last year was the worst, it wiped out the cattle industry in my county. We're still 26 inches below normal and summers fast approaching. The main "town" in my county (population 2,000:p) has nearly exhausted their municipal water supply. My home situation isn't to good either, we use a well and in the drought last year it ran out of water.

We have never had a real water problem, but regardless, we have a storage room with plenty of it. It can't hurt to be prepared for such thing.

Took my puppy for his first visit to the beach, he loved it and stayed dry:eek: , my daughter went fossil collecting and so came back with a bucket full of stones then we finished of with a nice ice cream:p

Well, so much for my kid's Razer Copperhead mouse. The left mouse button died after less than a year, so I contacted customer service. After all is said and done, no RMA for me because I can't produce the receipt. If I had known it was going to die so quickly, I would have kept it in a safe place. Now I have a $60 paper weight. :rolleyes:

nice and cool here
Was Raining Yesterday,Now its nice and sunny,tops of 25 Degree's :D :D :D

It is a very beautiful sight. Seriously take a break and go on a vacation during December. Your in you mid 40`s and I know everyone in their 40`s needs a break. America is a very Beautiful country! You need to see her one day!

LOL! Have you ever BEEN To Australia,let alone QLD???? It's not Mid 40's in the middle of Autumn,it would be more like mid 30's,But very humid.

I am come to America for a week, you will love it!

No,Just no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom