Car Thread!

even with that difference its still a hell of alot more expensive.. what unit to you measure your petrol in? ours is £/l of fuel. at the moment petrol is about £1.08 a liter and diesel is about £1.13 a liter.

i think you measure it in gallons over there, so in your currency it would be

2.14374 USD per liter of petrol
2.24277 USD per liter of diesel

if you do it in gallons

it is 3.785411784 UK liters to a US gallon, so for 1 US gallon we would be paying

$8.11493865783216 per gallon for petrol
$8.48980798680168 per gallon for diesel

according to this site:
http://www.eia.doe.gov/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/wrgp/mogas_home_page.html
an average price for petrol over there is $3.30, okay not quite 1/4 of it, but not far off...

Yeah... gas prices are BS everywhere it seems. the UK is getting screwed pretty bad on them.

It's $3.12 here last I checked. Heh.. I bet it's higher now. Rarely a day goes by where the price doesn't change.. for the worse.

in the 2 years ive been driving diesel has gone from 84p/l to £1.13/l

absolutley rediculous.......

Yes its ridiculous in the UK we are getting screwed big time, We must be the highest tax payers going, and fuel seems to be going up and up and up :mad:

Yeah it's $4.00 a gallon of diesel here.. They're pretty nice... but who can afford that?

i wish it was only $4 a gallon here.. its more than double that just for petrol over here.

its something like 70% goes straight to the government.. absolutely ludracous.

That is why the gas is so expensive. I really think they care because their getting richer. Of course the end of Bush`s term is coming so gas will obviously rise. He wants to get as much money as he can before he is done.

i wish it was only $4 a gallon here.. its more than double that just for petrol over here.

its something like 70% goes straight to the government.. absolutely ludracous.

Tell me..... do you have free health care? How about Education? And ummm any other services the Government pays for over there?

That is why the gas is so expensive. I really think they care because their getting richer. Of course the end of Bush`s term is coming so gas will obviously rise. He wants to get as much money as he can before he is done.

I got news for you, you haven't seen a raise in taxes and gas yet buddy!!! You just wait till Obama or Clinton get in office with this Universal Health care. You'll be really cussing out the Government for taking all your pay check. :D

Back
Top Bottom