Car Thread!

The Ford Focus RS is a great car. It's one of Top Gear's favorite cars along with the Mondeo. Don't think that because it's a Focus that it's immediately crap. The RS is AWD and the straight four engine is pretty tune-able.

It's actually not. Both the new and old ones are FWD turbos.

Late to the party here but here's where I have a problem.

Basically what was said is the focus is a turd and anyone who races it is an idiot. Tell that to Colin Mcrae.

I'm over it though, I don't want to derail this thread any further. There is a difference between opinion and fact.

Anyone who thinks their car is the best, I have news for them. BTW I spun out the other day, FWD oversteer ftl? :cool:

Well We all have our opinions like Alvino said. Mine is I shouldn`t talk about the focus because it is better then what I am driving. Nothing.

I spun out the other day several times. The fast food trays under my back tires may have had something to do with it :p

FYI, enthusiast is another way of saying fanboy, just in a less insulting/shit disturbing manner.

FYI, enthusiast is another way of saying fanboy, just in a less insulting/shit disturbing manner.

I don't really agree with that.

For example, I have a friend who loves a certain video game, many believe it is over rated, and many think it's the best thing ever. He can understand why another person may not like the game, and doesn't give him/her shit over it. But, again, he still loves the game.

To me, Fanboy means annoying little prick who has to make their preference clear and treat everybody like shit if they disagree.

I used to love Top Gear, but now I can't bear to watch it. I think it's gotten completely stupid, and Jeremy Clarkson is a prat.

Thats what makes it funny. It's still informative if you don't take Jezza's behavior seriously. He actually does have a good point most of the time...they don't necessarily talk about the performance of the car, but also how it feels and the feeling of the car relative to the price/performance/looks etc.

Power to weight ratio! Anyone who thinks they're a bit of a driver should have a go in one. They're astounding! ever ridden in one?? And it's basically the same car as it was 40 years. ago.
And I agree with Alvino as well, the Atom is crazy! Apart from the BMW M-cars, me and you think alike.

HAHA the new M3 isn't THAT ugly...I've told you that I think the new BMWs have gotten uglier though...blame Chris Bangle. That blithering idiot.

alvino, you seen the top gear thing on the atom? that car is crazy... that new one looks even better too, lol, ive decided that if i ever have enough money im getting an atom just to play around in.. awesome cars.. id choose the atom over the rx-8, or even an M car every day.. lol.. any car which can destroy your face is cool..

Hahah, I'd buy the car for joyriding, but it's really not practical at all. No radio, climate control and no boot! Well there are small cubby holes, but thats not much.

Well every car I mention to you.

Audi R8
Corvette C6
Corvette ZO6
Nissan 350Z
Mustang GT
Golf GTI
1969 Road Runner
BMW M4
BMW M5
BMW M6

The M4? Is that supposed to be something between the M3 and the M5? :p

I kid, I kid.

It's actually not. Both the new and old ones are FWD turbos.

Late to the party here but here's where I have a problem.

Basically what was said is the focus is a turd and anyone who races it is an idiot. Tell that to Colin Mcrae.

I'm over it though, I don't want to derail this thread any further. There is a difference between opinion and fact.

Anyone who thinks their car is the best, I have news for them. BTW I spun out the other day, FWD oversteer ftl? :cool:

I stand corrected...I thought the RS was AWD but I guess not.

Yeah, McRae was f-ing insane. Watching him behind the wheel of a Subaru Impreza is one of the best things you could ever see in any form of motorsports. Just as awesome as watching Senna or Schumacher in F1 IMO.

Not really. Fanboys are the kind of people who will defend something no matter what. Kinda like Dark Night and the RX-8. :p A proper enthusiast has the passion and love of a fanboy but still recognizes it's weaknesses and faults.

I don't really agree with that.

For example, I have a friend who loves a certain video game, many believe it is over rated, and many think it's the best thing ever. He can understand why another person may not like the game, and doesn't give him/her shit over it. But, again, he still loves the game.

To me, Fanboy means annoying little prick who has to make their preference clear and treat everybody like shit if they disagree.

Yeah, basically.

Not really. Fanboys are the kind of people who will defend something no matter what. Kinda like Dark Night and the RX-8. :p A proper enthusiast has the passion and love of a fanboy but still recognizes it's weaknesses and faults.

You put it even better than I did.

i guess if you put it that way...

Back
Top Bottom