Recommend me a brand of laptop

Hp Pavilion DV6000 series. Cheap for the specs. most are dual core. most have a least 2GB RAM and DVDRW. With built in mic and webcam in the widescreen displays. And superb build quality.

Oh, and they come with smart little Media center compatible remotes, that slide into the side of the laptop when not in use (like an old PCMCIA slot).

Here's one I think you might be able to get in America or Canada for the $1500 you were looking for.

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/ho/WF06b/21675-38187-38191-38191-38191-81140621-81582085.html

I know it says £899 and by currency conversion that puts it above your budget, but bare in mind us in the so called "great" britain get taxed to the hilt!

A few good features in that is the draft n wifi, Digital "free view" tv tuner, 4GB RAM, Massive HDD, HDMI connector, Blue tooth, finger print reader and the 6MB cache Core 2 Duo.

Just another one for you to consider.

Dell's actually improved on that, so that shouldn't be a big issue.

Yea but they still come with useless programs. My aunt just bought a laptop and that thing is pretty slow. But I think it is because she got the lowest quality of products.

Hp Pavilion DV6000 series. Cheap for the specs. most are dual core. most have a least 2GB RAM and DVDRW. With built in mic and webcam in the widescreen displays. And superb build quality.

I second this. Pictures really don't do this notebook justice. You need to see it in person.

actually i have heard the opposite. There is a common problem with the power adapter coming loose on them and the motherboards fry. My roommate had his for about a month and this happened to him. When he tried to claim it for warranty HP actively refused to acknowledge the problem and won't fix it. He was thinking about suing but decided it wasn't worth it.

i do really like their appearance and they seem good when they work but because of the crap my roommate has gone through HP is pretty much out of the question.

Check this out. All the Acer's I saw had vista on it, but I think you'll like this.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3528111&CatId=17

it's not bad but it seems more like a desktop replacement which is not exactly what I'm looking for (if you know what i mean)

Back
Top Bottom