Overclocking Troubles

I know 3.6ghz is safe because people w/ mediocre after market coolers can run at 3.6. Its not that its not safe, its just that I'm doing something wrong with the settings.

Oh have you looked at 99nashas thread to see what you are doing wrong? The on Filghtsimboy gave you the url to.

Yeah, I checked it out. It had only basic info and nothing that could actually help me.

give Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀 a pm. He is a member here and he seems to be pretty advanced on the subject of overclocking .I am sure he can give you some good advice on the next step to try.

ok , what after market cooler have you got (im interested)
i have zalam 9700NT and running Q6600 at 3.4 Ghz

with your overclock , assuming that you have 800mhz ram , set it to 800mhz , not 973Mhz

and raise you FSB Vcore to 1.3

just quickly try that and get back to me

I tried it, but with no luck. I too have a Zalman 9700. Seeing that you o/c well to 3.4, i also tried to do so, but again, no luck. To anyone else who may have a solution, please help if you can.

On this board I needed 1.3750v for 3.6GHz and it wasn't fully stable even then, for 3.2GHz I needed 1.2375v.

On my old P5K I needed 1.55v in the bios to boot at 3.6GHz the vdrop/vdroop was that bad. Thankfully the P5E3 is better.

Back
Top Bottom